CPU/Mobo AMD Ryzen CPUs launched

Lol how the tables have turned this year, Intel scrambling to keep their market share with the rushed i9's which are literally the hottest chips in town.
You know AMD's doing something right when chipzilla starts resorting to juvenile pot shots in official slides.

AGKhzSk.jpg

Lol how the tables have turned this year, Intel scrambling to keep their market share with the rushed i9's which are literally the hottest chips in town.
You know AMD's doing something right when chipzilla starts resorting to juvenile pot shots in official slides.

AGKhzSk.jpg

That is one of the saddest things I've seen.

AGKhzSk.jpg

I think someone needs to remind Intel as to what they did during their early C2D and C2Q times....[DOUBLEPOST=1500041834][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nothing new from Intel. When amd started in India, they used to threaten shop keepers not to sell amd products.

Dont know about threaten, but I do remember the AMD runs hot thing. Ironically, after seeing that AMD video about Itanium, I dont know what to say.

Lol @psyph3r - where do you dig out such stuff?![DOUBLEPOST=1500012585][/DOUBLEPOST]Did you get your Ryzen box yet?

Well since most forums are almost dead reddit's the place as long as you stay away from cancerous subs.
This is the most embarrassing thing they've pulled off since that F1 VLC demo lol.

Did you get your Ryzen box yet?

Not yet, I've had terrible luck when it comes to sourcing parts this time around, excluding the cpu+mobo, something or the other is unavailable which has made it a pretty frustrating experience.
I'll probably end up getting one before the end of the year when a friend of mine returns from the US, hopefully RAM prices too will have reduced by then.
On top of that everyone and their dog seems to be jumping on the Ethereum bandwagon, gpu availability and pricing too has become a problem.

Since power consumption is an essential factor
,looks like intel wants to beat the scores of AMD here as well(pun intended)
Skip to 13:00-

Updated to the 1403 bios on my CH6 from the beta 9945. This bios is excellent. No weird issues, no cold boot bugs. RAM started working at the rated 3200. Yay!

The board finally appears to have some sort of polish now.

Updated to the 1403 bios on my CH6 from the beta 9945. This bios is excellent. No weird issues, no cold boot bugs. RAM started working at the rated 3200. Yay!

The board finally appears to have some sort of polish now.
Which board and ram are you using?

Wow, I was hoping for a mainstream motherboard. Is the ram kit Samsung b die? Which series is it?
Nope its hynix. 16x2 B-die kits are next to impossible to find. 8x2 b-die has become available recently from gskill (flare-x) but are obnoxiously priced locally at 15000 bucks.

Wow, I was hoping for a mainstream motherboard. Is the ram kit Samsung b die? Which series is it?

Mainstream mobo is what I have - ASUS PRIME B350-Plus - cheap and good. And you can still do a little OC if you want :) Great Linux support too. RAM+BIOS stability is nearly there but I bet within this year everything will be hunky dory just like Chaos' high-end mobo.

Bios support and better power delivery (VRMs) when overclocking were the primary reasons why I sunk the dough on the CH6. Otherwise a B350 would easily fit the bill for me as I don't do SLI/CF.

Almost always the top end flagship board gets the best bios support and rest are given stepmotherly treatment. This isn't just Asus, its all mobo makers.

I am planning to get a Ryzen build with a R7 1700.I won't be overclocking but the majority of the usage will be Handbrake HEVC encoding and gaming.

Now my main worry is a mobo which supports 3200MHz RAM out of the box.

@Chaos has got his G.SKill F4-3200C16D-32GVK running at its rated 3200MHz on his Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO but at 21k it is too expensive for me.

I had shortlisted the Asus ROG STRIX X370-F GAMING at around 16k which is the maximum I can do since I need to get a cooler as well.I pored all over the QVL list for this motherboard but the 3200 MHz RAM kits mentioned there are not available locally even via amazon.

My old CM Hyper 212 plus doesn't have the AM4 mounting kit.:(

@simforgotten has the same board but I need one which runs DDR4 RAM at full rated 3200MHz or at 2933 MHz speed.He is running his rig at 2400 MHz.

Can you guys let me know if anybody has such a combo?

I searched a lot on Google but there's too much conflicting information.Most of these compatible kits are FlareX Samsung B dies which are not available locally or else horribly expensive via the amazon global store.

All this research is tempting me to say f*** it and get a i7 7700 rig which I know would be worse in HEVC encoding but better in gaming.

Last edited:
Back