AMD Threadripper India Prices

A bit too much to swallow. 999$ + 18% should be in the 75k range!

Boards will be ridiculously priced too as that TR4 socket ain't cheap.

I am finding it difficult to even buy a Ryzen 1700X/1800X in India consider that I can get it for $300 and $420 in US. I can get a 1800X for a lower price than that of 1700X in India.

I am finding it difficult to even buy a Ryzen 1700X/1800X in India consider that I can get it for $300 and $420 in US. I can get a 1800X for a lower price than that of 1700X in India.

I got my 1700 for around 23.7k after eBay coupons when it was still 310-320 in the US. Prime was a few hundred more. So this pricing is a bit over the top.

X399 boards seem to be going to cost $350+ even for the cheapest ones and going as high as $500+. Expect prices in India to be all 35k+

how come intel cpu are always priced less than amd counterparts in india? what is intel doing different compared to amd?

how come intel cpu are always priced less than amd counterparts in india? what is intel doing different compared to amd?

Distributor margins I guess - intel has far higher volumes and as a result the distributor is able to price it cheaper. I recently got an i5 8400 for my second machine. I paid 14600 for the same.

I think that probably is the lowest price on planet earth for that CPU as US prices are way way above MSRP. AMD really needs to get a better distributor that doesn't indulge in price gouging.

^Had to buy pc for friend last month and amd counterparts were selling for slight premium over rival intel processors

however the shop guy was pushing for ryzen cpu saying more cores!! more performance!!

But even ryzen motherboards were selling for slight premium over intel ones. ****ed up

^Had to buy pc for friend last month and amd counterparts were selling for slight premium over rival intel processors

however the shop guy was pushing for ryzen cpu saying more cores!! more performance!!

But even ryzen motherboards were selling for slight premium over intel ones. ****ed up

Depends on what your friend plans to do! Multithreaded productivity stuff like compiling/rendering/video/fpu workloads are pretty damn fast on ryzen especially with 16 threads.

For gaming its the intel CPUs all the way. i5 8400 is faster than anything AMD has to offer - even overclocked.

Depends on what your friend plans to do! Multithreaded productivity stuff like compiling/rendering/video/fpu workloads are pretty damn fast on ryzen especially with 16 threads.

For gaming its the intel CPUs all the way. i5 8400 is faster than anything AMD has to offer - even overclocked.
@Chaos What turbo boost are you seeing on the chip and which mobo have you paired it with?

Back