AMD Threadripper India Prices

Depends on what your friend plans to do! Multithreaded productivity stuff like compiling/rendering/video/fpu workloads are pretty damn fast on ryzen especially with 16 threads.

For gaming its the intel CPUs all the way. i5 8400 is faster than anything AMD has to offer - even overclocked.
already bought i5 7th gen.

how come intel cpu are always priced less than amd counterparts in india? what is intel doing different compared to amd?

Probably better distributors and distributor network as well as stock availability. Secondly, it also depends on how retailers perceive the product. Intel is the defacto brand that a lot of people buy. Anything that is not defacto is considered novelty even if its really not. retailers try to extract more form the customers for such products.

Last edited:
@Chaos What turbo boost are you seeing on the chip and which mobo have you paired it with?
All cores loaded 3.8 all the time. One/two cores loaded it goes up to 4.0. I am able to overclock the uncore to 3.9 and that improves performance.

Even with prime95 29.x, which uses AVX, I do not see any drop to 2.8 base clock. Not sure what that base clock frequency means really!

The CPU is paired with a Gigabyte Z370-HD3P - the cheapest full featured board I could find.

Back