America's Army v2.3.0 coming soon.

The America's Army community rocks. I think you all will be pleased with the features designed to support the community included in v2.3.

America's Army: Special Forces (Firefight) should be out soon, so keep a lookout for it.

Source

From what i heard about this new version,there is a massive ban on cheaters "maybe" a hardware ban,and 2 or 3 new maps.

well........da version i got only works online...and doesnt work too well on mah comp wid da onboard graphics.
But, i kinda liked da concept of da game.
lets c if i get a new graphics den i will definately give it a try.

Q: What are the recommended system requirements for the Windows 2.2 version?
A: The recommended requirements for the game are:
# 3-D graphics card with 128 MB memory and support for hardware transformation and lighting
# 2.0 GHz processor or equivalent
# English version of Windows(r) 98/ME/2000/XP Operating System
# 512 MB RAM
# 1.62GB of uncompressed hard disk space for game files
# Quad-speed CD-ROM (600K/sec sustained transfer rate)
# Windows 98/ME/2000/XP compatible system (including compatible 32-bit drivers for CD-ROM drive, video card, sound card, mouse and keyboard)
# DirectX(r)8.1
# DirectX(r)8.1 or higher compatible sound card and drivers*
# Broadband Network Connection*NVIDIA(r) nForce(tm) or other motherboards/soundcards containing the Dolby(r) Digital Interactive Content Encoder required for Dolby Digital audio
(Last Updated: 2004-10-19)

Q: What are the minimum system requirements for the Windows 2.2 version?
A: The minimum system requirements for the game are:
# 3-D graphics card with 64 MB memory and support for hardware transformation and lighting
# 1.3 GHz processor or equivalent
# English version of Windows(r) 98/ME/2000/XP Operating System
# 256 MB RAM
# 1.62GB of uncompressed hard disk space for game files
# Quad-speed CD-ROM (600K/sec sustained transfer rate)
# Windows 98/ME/2000/XP compatible system (including compatible 32-bit drivers for CD-ROM drive, video card, sound card, mouse and keyboard)
# DirectX(r)8.1
# DirectX(r)8.1 or higher compatible sound card and drivers*
# 56.6 Kbps modem or higher network connection

Source

Thats the least you need,it's a realistic multiplayer game,the U.S army has spent 10 - 15 milion dollars at it so far,beside the fact its a propganda recruting tool,its a real nice game thats worth playing.

well well...the system requirements are huge..
will need 2 upgrade my system for sure to play that one..:)

and i doubt the gameplay experience with a normal 56.6kbps conn. ;)
u'll need atleast a broadband class connection.

The 2.3( Firefight) version of America's Army has been released.

Source

Lots of bug fixs and 2 new maps (woodland & urbanassult) the second looks like a neighbourhood in Baghdad,very nice map.

*off topic i wanted to edit the main post but we don't have a edit option,and i didn't know if it was any good to open a new thread about it.

hmm edit post is actually valid for some time only for registered users. After that only mods and supermods can edit.Now that you say it, I mught as well change it

Ubisoft names, dates console America's Army subtitled "Rise of a Soldier," the US military-created shooter will ship for the Xbox and PlayStation 2 this summer.

GameSpot said:
Ubisoft's shooter-heavy release slate got some more ammunition today, when the publisher officially titled and dated its console port of America's Army. Underneath the audacious title "Ubisoft Redefines Authenticity with America’s Army: Rise of a Soldier," a press release from the France-based publisher revealed the game will ship for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox this summer. No rating or price information was included in the release.

Back