an interesting way to see your files!!

Safin

Skilled
well i bet you haven't seen this. :p

ScreenShot2L.jpg

Ever wondered why your hard disk is full? Or what directory is taking up most of the space? When using conventional disk browsing tools, such as Windows Explorer, these questions may be hard to answer. With SequoiaView however, they can be answered almost immediately. SequoiaView uses a visualization technique called cushion treemaps to provide you with a single picture of the entire contents of your hard drive. You can use it to locate those large files that you haven t accessed in one year, or to quickly locate the largest picture files on your drive. When using Windows Explorer, the user cannot obtain a global overview of the entire contents of his disk, because the number of files and directories that can be shown simultaneously is limited by the available screen space. Treemaps make more efficient use of the available screen space. Instead of showing a file system as a long list of files and directories, files are displayed as rectangles, with the size of the rectangle being proportional to the size of the file. We can then display more information at once if we use all available space. The program also allows you to apply different color schemes to easily identify certain file types.

SequoiaView was developed by the computer science department of the Technische Universiteit Eindhoven and can be downloaded for free from these pages. For more background information click one of the links on the left.

MORE INFO

Click here to download SequoiaView (approximately 500 Kb).

Its older by almost 3 yrs or more actually...
can't remember exactly but maybe I used it in the year 2002.

A very good application never the less...
I like the user interface and the way it displays the files and folders..:)

Back