Android App developer

Hi All,

Anyone here is an Android app developer ? Or do you have any recommendations.

Also I want to know what is the standard cost required to develop a simple (not so complex) app. I had an idea for an app but searching for someone reliable.

Mods can move this thread to the correct place, I was unsure as where to post this.

Thanks.

There is no cost involved in developing an app assuming you already have a computer to work on. All the stuff required to create an app (barring the phone) is the free. It is putting into the market that costs money.

I do have a computer but I must also be knowing how to develop the app, right? How can I develop an app? I think that would require coding skills which I don't have.

Publishing on android market is completely fine with me, I can do it, but I need the app developed.

You asked how much it costs. There is no cost involved in developing an app. It is another thing if you want it developed by someone else. It then is upto the developer to decide if he wants to charge and how much.

Well no developer will just develop for you and let you reap all the benefits, you will have to come to partnership terms, as you also would need future updates / upgrades, bug fixing and after sales support

if the application sells good then probably you can hire a developer for monthly wages
<

^^ This would be a free app. I don't plan to sell it. Its a simple idea and I like it. But I guess you are right about future upgrades and bug fixes. I will need to think about this.

There is no cost involved in developing an app assuming you already have a computer to work on. All the stuff required to create an app (barring the phone) is the free. It is putting into the market that costs money.

One time payment of 25USD unlike Apple every year 99 USD

Well no developer will just develop for you and let you reap all the benefits, you will have to come to partnership terms, as you also would need future updates / upgrades, bug fixing and after sales support

if the application sells good then probably you can hire a developer for monthly wages
<

Wrong info. There are many developers who can just do the work let reap all the benefits & also app will be in your name not of developers. No need of partnership & shit. Just they have to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement.

@OP - Don't go telling ideas anyone unless you trust them & have an agreement signed.

One time payment of 25USD unlike Apple every year 99 USD

Wrong info. There are many developers who can just do the work let reap all the benefits & also app will be in your name not of developers. No need of partnership & shit. Just they have to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement.

@OP - Don't go telling ideas anyone unless you trust them & have an agreement signed.

NDA agreement for a free App wow ? you could do that if you pay monthly wages or hire a developer on a contract or sort of partnership, you wouldnt wanna develop all the updates and shit on your own would you ? if you were capable enough to do updates and after sales service on your own why even hire a developer in the first place ? its not a hit and run stuff mate !! no one will download an update which has no updates or new feature upgrades or bugfixes, i for one wouldnt

You can have signed NDA whether it is free app or paid. It doesn't matter. You can hire a dev to get a working app. Some apps may not even need updates at first place. It all depends on app. Signing NDA doesn't mean that dev does not have to update it. NDA means the IP is protected, in simple terms.

All I am saying is, you don't have to go partnership with the dev. It's your idea & you get full credit for it & that's why you are paying the dev for developing the app. Partnership with him would not even economical.

There are many devs who are ready to work, have a look here for example - http://www.iphoneapp....com/index.aspx

and they sign NDA too - http://www.iphoneapp...iphone-app.aspx

Hope I am clear this time.

@rite - how can you say it will be 2000 USD+ ? Has he PM'ed you ? I guess not. Without even knowing the details of the app, how can you quote ?

Even the simplest app will cost at least $2000, that is the base budget. Complex apps will be between $8000 and $20k or more.

It is like saying no matter how single a logo you want, we will charge $15 at least but it may be more for a complex design or with more mock ups. But nothing for less than $15.

Are you a developer? If not you must be getting your app developed for some kind of revenue, maybe ad based revenue model.

You can't develop and support for free. I am just getting into android dev myself(quite n00bish still)working as an intern and it requires time == money.

You can get your app developed by freelancers and maybe put up the source code as open source(on github or google) and let everyone chip in, give your app out to the world and be done with it.

But if you intend to make your app and make money off your app you will need to provide support and upgrades, in this scenario you are better off getting it done professionally, with a proper contract for future upgrade and support.
So what is it?

Even the simplest app will cost at least $2000, that is the base budget. Complex apps will be between $8000 and $20k or more.

It is like saying no matter how single a logo you want, we will charge $15 at least but it may be more for a complex design or with more mock ups. But nothing for less than $15.

you made me laugh
<

It wont cost 2000$ for an App, as much as I know!!

I am also an Android App Dev, Started Just now! We are working on a concept..

Based on the persons we approached and asked(in Industry), they say a one Time charge of 25$ ,to be Registered as a DEV and upload apps, will be charged.. Later, its free.. Google gets most of the profits. A share will be given to you!(Based on Ads, cost, etc.)

So, dont worry.. Just start

I am just starting up. $2000 for a app from which I won't be earning anything, doesn't seem to be good idea. Just convert it in Rs, that's a whopping figure.

As I said, this would be a free app, I am not earning anything from it. Sometimes an idea+bucks is all it needs, and I cannot shell out that much bucks. Also its a simple idea, not that complicated.

@all; thanks for the advice. And this would be an Android app not for iOS. I am thinking to hire someone from odesk, pay him hourly. Mostly there are Indian freelancers working there. What's your suggestion people.

@avi, I am unclear abt it As i have just started!

But What I came to know from the industry people is that Google will get a good chunk of amount ,and other Share will be given to the DEV!

If it is false, please do lemme know!

Back