Android around Rs. 20k

stavan_d

Disciple
I'm finally buying a phone for myself and i wanna make it worth the wait(been postponing for a year now). So please help me out guys!!

1. Q: Budget?
A. 20k can stretch a couple of grand, maybe.

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A. Any

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A. Any

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A. Prefer good looking and good built phones which may need to handle a few drops

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A. Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A. Yes. A good cam is must. cant carry my digi cam everywhere and i like to click random pics on daily basis.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A. Android.

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A. Wifi and 3g, all , any,etc.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A. Normal Surfing, Checking mails, Taking pics, occasional movies or tv shows
(i have regular trips from vapi to
mumbai and back again so something to watch during the trips would be nice)

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A. a good display visible from side angles would be nice.
might use the phone for reading books too so a 3.7" to 4" screen would be a good addition.
dual core(dont know about the phone processors, so some knowledge on them would be useful for selection)
and maybe 1gb ram if i can get in this budget.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A. Seen too many phones and read too many articles, i have absolutely no idea what to buy. Totally Confused!!
Have inquired about Nexus 4 from US but haven't gotten a reply yet.

@stavan_d you can look at the following models too --
  • SONY XPERIA P ~22500/-
  • SONY XPERIA Sola ~19000/-
  • SONY XPERIA go ~18500/-
  • HTC One S ~23500/-
The XPERIA P's camera will ace everything else at this price point but its battery life is on the lower end of the pecking order (apart from being non-removable).

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
stavan_d you can look at the following models too --
  • SONY XPERIA P ~22500/-
  • SONY XPERIA Sola ~19000/-
  • SONY XPERIA go ~18500/-
  • HTC One S ~23500/-
The XPERIA P's camera will ace everything else at this price point but its battery life is on the lower end of the pecking order (apart from being non-removable).

Xperia P off eBay - 16.5k

Xperia Sola - 15.8k from indiatimes shopping
Sony Xperia Sola Price in India 2012 13th December valid in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai,Mumbai and Delhi

Same price for Xperia Go
Sony Xperia Go Price in India 2012 13th December valid in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai,Mumbai and Delhi

OP wants warranty on all devices, save the Nexus4. That is why I quoted the street prices.

And I think plenty of people will join me if I say that indiatimesShopping is not the best place for expensive consumables. Cheers!

Still snapdeal and infibeam are showing very competitive pricing. Also theXPERIA P should be OP's preference because of the 8MP Exmor shooter on it.

P seems like a good phone... but still on GB... even if it gets ICS i doubt it'll get JB...

still checking others out...
any comments on galaxy R?
i cant seem to find it online...
is there a diff name for the model?

P.S. is it too much to ask for a phone which can at least have 1 future android update?

P seems like a good phone... but still on GB... even if it gets ICS i doubt it'll get JB...

still checking others out...
any comments on galaxy R?
i cant seem to find it online...
is there a diff name for the model?

P.S. is it too much to ask for a phone which can at least have 1 future android update?

SONY XPERIA P was the first model to get bumped up to ICS after the S. That was in mid -->late September this year.
Sony Xperia P - Full phone specifications

And the P will get support upto Jelly Bean, the update will release sometime in Q1 -->Q2 2013. No Jelly Bean update for 2011 Sony smartphones, Xperia ion and others must wait until 2013 | The Verge

Anyway seeing that you want a good camera on the phone you should not look at anything further than the P.

had to scale down budget to strictly under 20k... so Xperia P is out.

sorry for the troubles caused...

but again please help buy under 20k phone.

these models are available around 19k on flipkart.
LG Optimus L9 P765, Motorola Atrix 2, HTC Desire X, Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070, Sony Xperia Sola

are there any other phone in this price range which can suit my needs?

i can compromise on a few things.

- - - Updated - - -

and can anyone guide me on the different processors and gpu in cell phones?

If you plan to buy from e bay ... the sony service centre will service it, albeit at a cost .... So do go ahead and buy .. Most of the time you wouldn need to use the warranty ... Besides if the piece turns out to have some defect then you can return it ..... But buy from a seller who has good reviews and has sold many pieces....

call me old fashined but i dont trust online shopping... at least not when it comes to electronics....

and can anyone please give me more details about atrix2, desire x, and the current price of samsung galaxy nexus?

I'm finally buying a phone for myself and i wanna make it worth the wait(been postponing for a year now). So please help me out guys!!

1. Q: Budget?
A. 20k can stretch a couple of grand, maybe.

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A. Any

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A. Any

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A. Prefer good looking and good built phones which may need to handle a few drops

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A. Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A. Yes. A good cam is must. cant carry my digi cam everywhere and i like to click random pics on daily basis.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A. Android.

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A. Wifi and 3g, all , any,etc.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A. Normal Surfing, Checking mails, Taking pics, occasional movies or tv shows
(i have regular trips from vapi to
mumbai and back again so something to watch during the trips would be nice)

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A. a good display visible from side angles would be nice.
might use the phone for reading books too so a 3.7" to 4" screen would be a good addition.
dual core(dont know about the phone processors, so some knowledge on them would be useful for selection)
and maybe 1gb ram if i can get in this budget.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A. Seen too many phones and read too many articles, i have absolutely no idea what to buy. Totally Confused!!
Have inquired about Nexus 4 from US but haven't gotten a reply yet.

why can't you go with Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos SCH-I589 Dual SIM ,which is under 20k

Back