Android for 20 K

kpkini

Disciple
Q: Budget?
A: 20k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Want to buy only Nokia's phone.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G. and wifi

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Music, internet, camera, games in that order

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: large screen atleast 4 inch

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Xperia Neo L - Sony Xperia Neo L: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com
Xperia Go - Sony Xperia Go: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com
Lg L7 - LG Optimus L7 P705: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com

So guys ..... whats the verdict ??? i see only 3 options now .... Neo l being the cheapest , Atrix 2 being VFM , Xperia P the costlier but still lacking a SD card slot ...

Dont buy Neo L.. Its hardware is outdated.. You cant upgrade it like software.. The three choices are Xperia P, Atrix 2 and Galaxy S Advance.

It depends on what exactly you need.

If you are okay with average camera, go for Atrix 2 without thinking much.. You get better build quality, Larger qHD screen for browsing, Better Processor than Xperia P or Galaxy S Advance. It will be better for Browsing. Also It is the cheapest of the three.

If you want a better camera and Super AMOLED screen, go for Galaxy S Advance. But it has less pixels (800x480) than both P and Atrix 2 (540 x 960) also it is a Pentile screen.. It has less RAM than the other two. It has a better GPU than Atrix but should'nt matter very much.

If you need a good 8MP camera as well as great look with slim body, go for Xperia P. But you will lose on Expandable memory and its battery performance is mediocre. It costs more than the other two also..

So all in all, I would recommend you to buy Atrix 2 as Screen is the most important thing when performance are nearly comparable.. Larger screens will be better for everything.. It also costs Just 20k on Ebay with Manufacturer warranty with coupons.

Find somebody with ICICI bank account and use ICICIEOSS1 for debit cards and ICICIEOSS2 for credit cards to get 1k off in Ebay..

Here are the cheapest deals on Ebay as of today with manufacturer warranty.. Use ICICI coupons..

Atrix 2 EBay with Manufacturer warranty.. - 20k after Coupon

Galaxy S Advance EBay with Manufacturer warranty..
- Coupon Not valid since it is a Deal of The Week offer. - 21.7k

Xperia P EBay with Manufacturer warranty.. - 22.5k after Coupon

I would also suggest you to keep an eye on Homeshop18 SuperDeals.. Atrix 2 Goes for as low as 18.5k there with Manufacturer warranties.. Homeshop18 is a trustworthy site..

Thanks rtkomar ... that was very precise !! ... Guess I'll zero it on Atrix 2 then .... Just wanted to ask ....

Does anybody have any experience with the NFC tags being given with Xperia phones ... No NFC is a deal breaker or is it only to future proof the phone in case it comes in to vogue ???

Thanks rtkomar ... that was very precise !! ... Guess I'll zero it on Atrix 2 then .... Just wanted to ask ....

Does anybody have any experience with the NFC tags being given with Xperia phones ... No NFC is a deal breaker or is it only to future proof the phone in case it comes in to vogue ???
My friend has Xperia Sola (Bought in Homeshop18 Superdeals for 16.5k). The NFC tags are just fun to play with for now. It wont be useful in India for at least 2 years I guess. In US itself it is not widespread yet. So it is definitely not a deal breaker.

Go for Atrix 2. You wont be disappointed. My friend has the US version of it (Photon 4G). He absolutely loves it. Just don't expect too much from its camera.

Guys LG optimus black is available for 14 k on homeshop18 ... is it worth it ???
LG optimus 2x still available in india ???
Seems both are getting IC update ......

Any suggestions guys////

How about these deals on Ebay ??

Xperia P SONY XPERIA P LT22i -8MP|1GHzProcessor|16GB|Android2.3|HD Recording|Front Camera | eBay

Xperia S SONY Xperia S LT26i Mobile Phone|1GB RAM|12 MP Camera|Android|Dual Core 1.5 GHz | eBay

Has anybody had any experience with the above seller ... In case the phone is only covered under seller warranty can the phone be serviced at any of the sony service centers if am ready to pay ??

Besides the seller is providing warranty through these people Home .. any idea whether these people are reliable ??

How about these deals on Ebay ??

Xperia P SONY XPERIA P LT22i -8MP|1GHzProcessor|16GB|Android2.3|HD Recording|Front Camera | eBay

Xperia S SONY Xperia S LT26i Mobile Phone|1GB RAM|12 MP Camera|Android|Dual Core 1.5 GHz | eBay

Has anybody had any experience with the above seller ... In case the phone is only covered under seller warranty can the phone be serviced at any of the sony service centers if am ready to pay ??

Besides the seller is providing warranty through these people Home .. any idea whether these people are reliable ??

better wait & get it @ 20k from HS18 deals..

Galaxy R as suggested earlier .. pretty good in the 20k segment.

- - - Updated - - -

but those are not mnfg. warranty & it totally depends on your luck then..I would stay away from them.

Yeah mihir its seller warranty ..what i wanted to ask was in case there is any problem then can i get it repaired frm any of the sony service centres by paying ???

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I am sort of fixated on Sony phones .. better audio quality .. better camera...

How about this deal ???

Brand New Original & Sealed Sony Xperia S - LT26i | eBay

Also the Acro S , Since its the same as Xperia S but with Sd card slot and further its water and dust proof ...

Brand New Original & Sealed Sony Xperia Acro S - LT26w - Black Color | eBay

Have decided to buy the phone from one of the trusted sellers on Ebay ... I enquired in the Authorized Sony service centre in Mangalore, They said that they will only give warranty if the IMEI number of the phone is meant for India otherwise will have to pay for the service ... That seems like a fair deal, considering that the phones hardly need any service in the first one or two years,,,

So waiting for Acro S to be officially released in India...

Back