Budget 15-20K Android Mid Range phone requirement

Dark Star

ex-Mod
So my Nokia 6.1+ died and by the time it gets fixed I want a new phone. I was eyeing Nokia X71/Redmi K20 but the former hasn't yet launched with no release date in tow and the latter is above my budget.

I was hoping for Mi A3 to show up but that again isn't sure shot as well, unsure when it'll go to sale.

My needs are nothing fancy, for one, I dont game on mobile and if I do its very very casual that should be obvious from my previous mobile choice. Camera again is not a real need but if its good it ok.

My main concern is software updates. Realme X looks good on paper but I am not sure how deep their software support and after sale service is. Judging from the repsonse from Nokia service, the chinese brethren will be anything but good.

What else fit in the budget and be fancy new, want to avoid Samsung/Lg? I am looking either for full screen or something with minimal notch, anything above Snadragon 636 should suffice. Screen size should be above 6".

Budget should be around 17k, don't want to splurge on phone much they become irrelevant in 6 to 9 months.

Keep your inputs coming.

TIA

^^ How is 7S? Except for the SOC I don't see any difference b/w pro and s. Does S come with glass back? I plan to pass on this mobile to my mom and continue with my 6.1+ for time being. So how is 7S?

Mi A3 was just announced with a 720p screen so that's out of question and the rest of them are just full of ads. Unless you're going to flash a custom ROM avoid it just for the ads.
Galaxy A50 - Ok phone from Samsung in this price range but the fingerprint sensor is slow.
Vivo Z1 Pro - Decent specs for the price but not so sure about the after sales service.
Oppo K3 - Launching soon, has SD 710 and a pop up camera and probably will launch @17k, again not so sure about the after sales service and color os experience.
Moto One Vision - Stock Android, sleek due to the aspect ratio, probably not selling well due to the ugly punch hole camera since they're already offering 3k off on exchange.
Realme X - Good on paper as you mentioned but again Oppo, Vivo, Realme are owned by the same parent company so not sure about their after sales service again.
Zenfone 5Z - Another alternative if you can stretch your budget a bit.
Nokia 8.1 - Good camera for its asking price, not so sure about the new Nokia after the 6.1+ and 5.1+ charging port debacle. How did yours die anyways ? I almost bought a 6.1 plus last year due to it's size but the lack of a notification LED was a dealbreaker.

^^ What do you mean by ads? I have never used a Mi device so I am not sure. Moreover I plan to shift the phone to my mom so I am not she we will too be accomodating with the ads.

I am not sure why it died. I charged my phone, later after the charge I got a call then I kept it aside. After that it never worked, won't charge or start. Dead as a doornail, probably the charging port debacle you mentioned, after inspection the service guy was saying that battery isn't charing instead its -ve charging.

why not A2 ?
At 9k it ticks all your requirements . Stock Android and after enabling camera2 api the camera is very good . Low light is okayish but daylight pics are good .
No root required and updates by Google
it has big bezels though....

@psyph3r Thats a bummer, such a good hardware infested with pathetic trojans as if they didn't had enough moles in their devices. I already ordered 7S - the hardware was enticing. Bah! Had to cancle the order. Thanks for saving me :p Is this relevant for Mi devices? K20 Pro looks darn good.

@kuduku - Will wait and see what Nokia 5.2/6.2 offers. Only after that I will make up my mind.

Ads can be disabled if you work through it but the average user is going to suffer, the problem is that some of these recommendations tend to be a bit obscene.
All devices with MIUI have that problem except for the stock android ones like the A series but those phones have their own set of problems. The Mi A2 doesn't feel like a Xiaomi phone due to it's comaparatively better build quality, the camera is great as well but it comes only with a 3000 mAh battery and lacks a headphone jack.
The Mi A2 was a good buy as a secondary phone a few weeks back when they were offering extra 3k on exchange even on the 4+64 GB one but that one also has plenty of complaints regarding updates that kept breaking one functionality over another which is why people recommend the more expensive 6+128 GB version.

P.S. Both the k20 and k20 pro are overpriced, you can get a OP7 by adding another 5k. They're going for the scapegoats post the initial launch, expect price cuts in the next few months.

why not A2 ?
At 9k it ticks all your requirements . Stock Android and after enabling camera2 api the camera is very good . Low light is okayish but daylight pics are good .
No root required and updates by Google
it has big bezels though....
How to get rid of lacking expandable memory. ? It's steal deal but only internal memory option kill this phone. If there is any solution on extra memory than i wii be first to grab current offer on AZ and FK ...

Back