Android Mobile Phone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which free player is good for playing audio files?

So far, I've used realplayer and songbird and found them to be equally good.

Which free player is good for playing audio files?

So far, I've used realplayer and songbird and found them to be equally good.

Buy power Amp..Its totally worth it, its equalizer brings the best out of my Xperia.!

Guys give Osmos game a shot..Brilliant game with mind numbing soundtracks!

small query guys. i had a optimus one earlier and made a titanium backup of all apps. now i am using optimus 2x, would it be ok to restore those apps in different mobile or i should make a freash install??

IS there any offline GPS with turn by turn navigation available????

I second that request for an app where its possible to store the map data on the phone itself as in a S60 with Nokia Maps ?

I had read somewhere that it is possible to store google maps offline but can't remember where, so does anyone know how to do it ?

Seems a typo to me.

Yup it seems the same to me but just wanted to confirm.
<

I second that request for an app where its possible to store the map data on the phone itself as in a S60 with Nokia Maps ?

I had read somewhere that it is possible to store google maps offline but can't remember where, so does anyone know how to do it ?

Yup it seems the same to me but just wanted to confirm.
<

there is app in google labs to pre-cahe the files but only within 10km radius

there is app in google labs to pre-cahe the files but only within 10km radius

Thanks for the suggestion but 10 km is quite low, even if it was possible to store maps of even one city it would have been sufficient.

So we are still in the hunt for such an app . . . :p

Is there any way to backup game data (particularly gameloft & shadowgun) without rooting on the s2.

I want to do a hard reset after a firmware upgrade.

Sygic is your answer guys!

Thanks for the suggestion buddy !!
<

It works fine though not same as google maps, but it works. So its a good app.

The only downturn is that it costs. Any free apps similar to sygic ?

teja92 a.k.a F3niX did you get any app ?

NavFree Works OK..

But, GPS on my Galaxy R sucks!! The Only CON of the device

Coudnt get the lock even on the ROADS, after even 10min.. Pity!!

PowerAmp and Winamp both stutter on HTC Explorer. Barely noticeable to untrained ears. Didn't faced the problem on realplayer.

Is it because it is running along with Dolphin HD and RAM isn't enough?

What is currently the best voice guided offline navigation on Android? Price not a bar as I will be installing an ahem copy anyway. For the record, I have been using Ovi Maps for some years now, and recently tried Sygic on Android. Though the maps are detailed, the navigation sucks to say the least. The damn thing is super confused and doesn't recognise by lanes and the like. I need something accurate, fast, and of course offline and voice guided.

What is currently the best voice guided offline navigation on Android? Price not a bar as I will be installing an ahem copy anyway. For the record, I have been using Ovi Maps for some years now, and recently tried Sygic on Android. Though the maps are detailed, the navigation sucks to say the least. The damn thing is super confused and doesn't recognise by lanes and the like. I need something accurate, fast, and of course offline and voice guided.

There isn't really any good voice navigated apps for Android. If you've been spoilt by Ovi maps, then you'll have to compromise a bit. AFAIK there's nothing as good as Ovi maps.

NavFree Works OK..

But, GPS on my Galaxy R sucks!! The Only CON of the device

Coudnt get the lock even on the ROADS, after even 10min.. Pity!!

Don't pity yourself so much
<

Its not galaxy R's issue its an issue with your A gps which R uses to get your approx location before you get your GPS lock. This A GPS works on data provided by your service provider/ carrier.

I also had the same issues but I switched my SIM to airtel on which I had internet enabled & voila ! Got my location in approx a min........

Here's a suggestion, switch your sim to some other carrier temporarily and try. It might just solve your issue.

Try & tell me if it works or not . . . !
<

There isn't really any good voice navigated apps for Android. If you've been spoilt by Ovi maps, then you'll have to compromise a bit. AFAIK there's nothing as good as Ovi maps.

So damn true . . . ! But I hope it was a lie.
<

Though I know there are many ***** copies available but be sure as most of the apps are modified and can compromise your cell.

So do get them from tried & tested sites only buddy.
<

While at it please do post here or PM me the app (paid or otherwise) which you finally install for offline GPS based navigation.

Guys i have been using my Samsung Galaxy S2 for a month now and have tried quite a few screen guards...

The first one i had installed was the free one which i got with my Capdase case i dont complain much about that as it was free, then i had purchased a Adpo screen guard it was recommended by my friend, the Adpo screen guard worked well for few days but after a week or two, there was a big scratch on the center of the screen guard and there were lots of fingerprint marks, then i purchased an amzer screen guard from flipkart honestly it is the worst i have ever used it is making my beautiful amoled screen look like an old crt monitor...

I would really appreciate If you all can mention the screen guards which is currently applied on your phone...

or should I just use my phone without any screen guard as it is Gorilla Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back