Android Mobile Phone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone played Bad Piggies. The best physics game out there.

Yup installed Bad Piggies HD on my Nexus and graphics are pretty good and the concept i would say is not as enjoyable as the original Angry Birds but was more on the puzzle side where you have to depend on physics laws ,hit and trial method etc. :p

Guys once the phone memory gets full how do you manage to install more apps assuming the new apps don't have the option to be transferred to SD Card?

Guys once the phone memory gets full how do you manage to install more apps assuming the new apps don't have the option to be transferred to SD Card?

There are not many options left if the new apps don't support moving to sd.
You can delete cache or delete unused apps.

Its not compatible with S2 in your country.
Sorry about that. I came to know about that app from AndroidPolice. I was too excited when I saw that it was responding properly to my voice. Didn't check further.
Even with my 'kerala' accent, its answering my questions correctly. I asked it things like
1. math problems - square root of some number
2. weather questions
3. answer to life, universe and everything

It goes to Wolfram Alpha, but its really good. It uses Google's voice recognition.

Regarding Maluuba, they say an international version is coming soon. I saw here instructions on how to install it on other countries.

I heard it raining outside yesterday night. Instead of pulling up the curtain to see if its actually raining, I asked Google Now "Is it raining outside", and she said "Yes its raining in [location]". I am one step closer to geek nirvana....:)

An international version of Maluuba is now available: Maluuba Blog
I think its CEO and co-founder is an Indian (Sam Pasupalak).
And they are releasing an API next month, which we can use for natural language processing....

Guys, try the "I'm falling! Ouch!" rule from AutomateIt rules market.
Its just a simple rule which will make your phone say "ouch that hurts" when you throw it on your bed or you accidentally drop it. You may have to adjust the sensitivity and the time since the values in the rule didn't work in my phone.
My values are:
sensitivity:slightly right from middle
sampling rate: faster
time: 0.25

Well i tried the Karbonn A21 in store but it has a major lag despite of dual core cpu,i think 396 mb ram is a bottleneck in the case. Finally ordered Pantach Burst from ebay yesterday

I have been extensively using my phone while driving around. Here are a list of apps I found extremely useful:
1. Google Navigation - of course
2. Dailyroads Voyager - To record the video and audio, runs in background. You can playback later along with speed and gps co-ordinates. Will retain the video automatically in case of a sudden braking event.
3. Google MyTracks - Once your journey is logged, you can open it in Google Earth (either mobile or PC app), and retrace your driving like in the movies. The best part is that it shows a graph of your speed and altitude, and you can easily see where you were speeding the most. Note that it may be a bit difficult to locate the play button in Google Earth.
4. iOnRoad Augmented Driving - It can warn you if you go near another vehicle, or depart from your lane. It can also remember your parking spot automatically. Its not 100% perfect, but better than nothing. There are two problems though - I cannot run both DailyRoads and iOnRoad, since both require camera access. Also, iOnRoad causes the phone to heat quickly.

Also, please check out this link for a bunch of privacy related apps. I especially recommend Cryptonite. I am trying in right now, and it seems to give the same functionality as TrueCrypt in PC. IPTablesLog is also good - you can see what all apps are accessing internet.

I am getting my android phone tomorrow. The question I have is whether to use my primary gmail account to activate the phone and link to playstore?
I have actually opened a separate gmail account today to activate the phone and link play store since I dont want google to track everything I do in a particular account.
But after activating it with a separate account will I be able to use the gmail app to access my primary account by default.

I am getting my android phone tomorrow. The question I have is whether to use my primary gmail account to activate the phone and link to playstore?
I have actually opened a separate gmail account today to activate the phone and link play store since I dont want google to track everything I do in a particular account.
But after activating it with a separate account will I be able to use the gmail app to access my primary account by default.
yes you would be able to add multiple accounts in gmail app

yes you would be able to add multiple accounts in gmail app
Thanks. Is it easy to manage?

The only reason for activating it with a separate id is that I don't want everything associated with my primary gmail id. Anyone else following the same with their android phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back