Budget 15-20K Android One

dixoncx

Disciple
Looking for upgrade, from 5+ years old Nexus 4, running LineageOS.
It started showing touch panel issues, few areas of screen is not responding to touch.

I prefer plain android with options to customize (root). But with current scenario, its nearly impossible to run LineageOS and use all apps (payment apps with SafetyNet checks)..
Alternative I could think is to use plain android phones, preferably with Android One with more support duration (for software updates) and forget about custom ROMs.

Mi A3 is good other than display(HD resolution).
Moto One Vision and Action is in competition with better display and audio (Dolby Atmos).

Also, there are few phones from Nokia, but I read many negative reviews against them..
One Plus is also an option (plain android and higher chances for getting future updates), but its out of my budget. May be look for pre-owned ?

1. Budget?
A: <INR 20k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: <6" prefer smaller screen/body

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android One

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Android One.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Daily driver. Music. Minimal media player, youtube. Not currently interested in Prime/Hotstar/Netflix..

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: Not decided

9. Any other requirements?
A: Decent audio quality and prefer phones with headphone jack.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Mi A3, Moto One Vision/Action

Nokia 7.1 ? No idea about negative reviews about nokia, but my nokia 6.1 experience has been great!
There is also some Android Enterprise Recommended thing , which many nokia phones have got. Not sure what it means, but it 'sounds' nice hehe. At least it does mean more tested, regular updates, maybe careful hardware and drivers selection.

nokia 7.1 meets your other requirements and should get next 2 android updates, Q and the next one. Not sure about this though..

Yes, considered 7.1 and 8.1.. But then after much thought and reading reviews (couldn't check it out physically since none of my friends have that, lower battery capacity, concerns about service centers and cost)... decided to go with Mi A3. I will surely miss HDR display and OIS/Zeiss optics camera..

Ordered 4GB/64GB version for 10.7k. Also got Mi 9V 2A fast charger free.. Waiting for delivery..

Back