Android Phone under 11k

preet27

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?
A: 11k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Best display possible under this budget

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Only established companies like Samsung HTC etc.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: ONLY Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: ALL

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Music, internet, GPS, gaming, occasional photography, High speaker noise

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require Dual SIM

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Was thinking about Samsung Ace s5830i

^ yup will surely do, also the Silent mode option has also sorted itself on it's own, I was trying to switch off the phone to replace the SIM and found out that pressing the Power button for a few seconds, gives the option to put phone in and out of silent mode in a single touch of the screen.

So both my major gripes have sorted itself out on its own, in the past hour or so by playing around with the set and its functions, i guess this should have come in the owner's manual, but it is quite inadequate info wise, had it been there, it would have surely saved me and i think there might be others as well, some uncomfortable, anxious moments !!!!

After almost 10 days of owning the phone, the Phone is working perfectly and has not once given me any problem or crashed, froze etc. Extremely happy with my purchase.

I wanted to know is there an app whcih gives me an option to customize the wallpaper of each of the home screens, that is an app that provides option between static and scrollable wallpaper with options to place different wallpapers on each screen. Currently the only option available via stock settings is to put a scrollable wallpaper (960 X 800), which is annoying me a lot.

Any help regarding this would be appreciated

Regards !!

I wanted to know is there an app whcih gives me an option to customize the wallpaper of each of the home screens, that is an app that provides option between static and scrollable wallpaper with options to place different wallpapers on each screen. Currently the only option available via stock settings is to put a scrollable wallpaper (960 X 800), which is annoying me a lot.

Any help regarding this would be appreciated

Regards !!

Try this Multipicture live wallpaper

I am still running on the stock android OS that came with the phone, and I have searched each and every option in the menu, but I could not find an Icon for wallpaper, whereas in Multipicture Live Wallpaper the option is installed as a sub menu under the wallpaper tab, and therefore I am having problem accessing this app after installation, and I am not getting the screens as shown in the app Homepage, hence nt able to use this app....

Is there any way around this, or do I have to shift to custom ICS, or JB ???

Its a live wallpaper app, so you will be able to access it by long pressing your home screen, then select Wallpaper > Live wallpaper > Multipicture Live Wallpaper. Now click settings and you'll get the screens as shown in the app homepage.

Long pressing gave me 3 options only, first being to create shortcut, second being Add Widget, and third being Add folder. Although I did manage to create a direct shortcut to Multifunction Live wallpaper on the home screen, but still when i click it does not take me to the settings screen with options, only images and one option with the same icon as MLW on clicking which it just shows a blank image and that is all that can be selected !!!

If I could not describe it clearly then I will post a video in a short while !!!

Okay so I have decided to update my G300 to the official ICS update available from Huawei India Website Huawei Smartphone Software, Firmware Upgrades, Latest Google Android OS for Huawei Smart phones . have bought a MicroSD card from Sandisk as well to perform this update, tried doing the online upgrade but searching via Online upgrade came out blank. I am hoping that this will probably help me run the Wallpaper app, since it is not running on GB currently !!!

I wanted to know if the official ICS runs smoothly on G300 ? Is there anything I must be prepared for, or rather avoid for the update process to go smoothly ?

Anybody with any experience or knowledge on this subject would be much appreciated !!!

Long pressing gave me 3 options only, first being to create shortcut, second being Add Widget, and third being Add folder. Although I did manage to create a direct shortcut to Multifunction Live wallpaper on the home screen, but still when i click it does not take me to the settings screen with options, only images and one option with the same icon as MLW on clicking which it just shows a blank image and that is all that can be selected !!!

If I could not describe it clearly then I will post a video in a short while !!!

Have do you set normal wallpapers? Use the same option to set live wallpaper. All ROMs have this option, irrespective of the them being stock, custom, gingerbread or ics.

Updated my G300 with ICS version 4.0.3, it's working really smoohtly, and I love it more than GB, also got the Live Wallpaper to function atlast, seems as if it wasn't fully compatible with stock GB version.

PS :- downloading the file from Huawei India wesite is a PITA, anybody who wants the same can PM me and I will put out the link for the ICS update File !!!

Cheers !!

Hello,

I am also looking for a phone with similar requirement.

Can you please let me know the performance on:

1. The reading experience. Like PDF docs?
2. Video player function - like youtube
3. Speaker Volume

Thanks a lot

Sunder

One more request: Do you browse often? If so what is your experience with your new phone?

Thank You
Sunder

I got the phone a couple of days back. How do you delete multiple messages? Is there a way to mark them before deleting? Also, I have been thinking of getting 3G. How much will 3G affect the G300 battery?

- - - Updated - - -
@sun244:

1. One has to zoom to be able to read pdf files and its quite a drag as you will have to scroll left & right apart from up and down to read. But reading epub files is great. You can try converting your pdf files to epub. Google it.
2. I have not tried playing youtube videos directly online but I played some 720p videos that I downloaded from youtube using MXplayer and there is audio-video sync problem.
3. I am very happy with the speaker volume. While not very loud, it is more than adequate.
4. I have not done any browsing so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back