Android phone under 15K ?

Cloud-S

Adept
My original budget was 10K, and 15K is the MAX I can extend.
Below are my requirements.

Android
5MP or more camera
High res. Screen
Should not be laggy, maybe 1Ghz or more processor
Should not be out-dated

OPTIONAL
Some external navigation source like button, trackpad etc

Brand I do not prefer - Spice, Micromax

come on dude, there is around hundreds of thread requesting for an android phone for 15k, u better check the forum,,,

otherwise, the choices r

1.Moto Defy (14.7k)

2.Spice 410 (13k)

3.Desire(15.5k) or desire s(if u extend 2k more)

or if u want to end with 10k, go for

1.Optimus one p500

2.dell xcd

3.galaxy pro or fit

there are not many great phones out there in that budget but you can think of Motorola Defy or Samsung Ace or HTC Cha Cha (if you are looking for a QWERTY + touch scree). You should be able to get these within 15k

gREen said:
come on dude, there is around hundreds of thread requesting for an android phone for 15k, u better check the forum,,,
otherwise, the choices r
1.Moto Defy (14.7k)
2.Spice 410 (13k)
3.Desire(15.5k) or desire s(if u extend 2k more)

or if u want to end with 10k, go for

1.Optimus one p500
2.dell xcd
3.galaxy pro or fit
Yup but the requirements are different, so this thread...

Which would be better between Nexus One and Defy?

Cloud-S said:
Yup but the requirements are different, so this thread...

Which would be better between Nexus One and Defy?

dude those phones r of different price segment because u already mentioned that u extended ur budget of 5k more and now another 5k for nexus s(if u want),

for u i suggest u go for defy and plz forget galaxy ace(overpriced for that piece of hardware),,,

else get a 2nd hand m0bile from ur locals or TE members..

gud luck

gREen said:
dude those phones r of different price segment because u already mentioned that u extended ur budget of 5k more and now another 5k for nexus s(if u want),
for u i suggest u go for defy and plz forget galaxy ace(overpriced for that piece of hardware),,,
else get a 2nd hand m0bile from ur locals or TE members..
gud luck
I was talking about Nexus 1 not S, from UK.

About Motorola, how is its after sales service. Haven't seen them releasing anything new recently or perhaps since 2011.
Also, in what physical stores will it be available, spice hs?

For all your requirements any of the Galaxy S series phones (Captivate/vibrant/i9000) is perfect, but the new one's will exceed your budget. Try importing thorough ebay or buy some 2nd hand from Member's market.

@cloud, sorry i forget to see. coming to the point that nexus one is outdated model and nexus s is going to replaced by nexus prime in another 3 or 4 months with Icecream sandwich

other if u looking for the stylish look get SE mini pro.. shipping next week onwards

Can someone tell how is the service availability of Motorola, here in India?

Also, can Defy record 720p videos? No website mentions this in specs but I have seen some people saying so.

Whats the best price I can get for HTC Desire?
Thanks

Cloud-S said:
Also, can Defy record 720p videos? No website mentions this in specs but I have seen some people saying so.

The Defy cannot record 720p videos on stock(default Motorola) firmware. It can record only if you flash custom firmware or using a hack.
The Desire's price is not within your budget. The only 2 places where i found the Desire near your budget are in saholic.com (15.5k), but here it is out of stock since many months, and in flipkart.com (16.5k), also out of stock.
Let us examine your requirements, and see if the Defy satisfies them:

Cloud-S said:
Below are my requirements.

Android CHECK
5MP or more camera CHECK
High res. Screen CHECK
Should not be laggy, maybe 1Ghz or more processor As far as i know, the Defy isnt laggy, but you must understand that 1 GHz processor does not mean a lag-free experience. People have found some slower phones (like 600 MHz Milestone) to be smooth and some 1 GHz phones to lag. You should be pretty happy running the Defy at stock speed of 800 MHz, and maybe Motorola will release GB on Defy(rumored) with an overclock to 1 GHz
Should not be out-dated CHECK

Brand I do not prefer - Spice, Micromax CHECK

Cloud-S said:
Can someone tell how is the service availability of Motorola, here in India?

Thanks

defy can only record vga quality videos at30 fps. Also regarding HTC desire please try running a search on letsbuy.com or flipkart. Bro a little bit of homework never hurts ;)

Cloud-S... Buy Defy... you wouldn't really regret the decision you made... Its an awesome phone... Has good camera , Rugged (Stays Alive Under Water) , Has good sound quality (loud) and has a lot of custom roms out there for it...

I would recommend the Defy too but I recommended it to a friend recently and since most shops don't sell Motorola phones they told him that there is a lack of service in India.

Don't know how true that is but it definitely scared him away.

Get the defy. or wait for the xperia mini. Defy would be an amazing phone. It can be clocked to 1ghz also. Also check the samsung galaxy I5510 it is for 10k and has qwerty(slider) with a big size screen.

Back