Android phone with QWERTY keyboard & within 15K budget..

vinaycm

Adept
As the title suggests, looking for a android based phone with hardware qwerty keyboard within a budget of 15K max.. Currently looking forward to the Samsung Galaxy i5510.. Reviews seems to be good enough.. Is there any models from other brands which meet my requirements?? Please pour in your suggestions..

1. Q: Budget?
A: 15k.

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Preferably slider.

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Capacitive touch.

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No brand preferences.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen, Hardware QWERTY keyboard is a must.

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required, but not much of a priority.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android only. Preferably v2.2

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G & WiFi.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Mails and internet mostly, may be a little bit of gaming also.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Should be pocketable, not like the Motorola Charm.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Samsung Galaxy i5510

Actually i dont think there even is anyother qwerty in that price range, at least not that i know of. In fact the only other android qwerty phones i can think of are the Milestone and the Desire Z which are 20k+

Last I knew, Superczar (fellow member) was planning to sell his Moto Milestone. Should fit your budget. Nothing beats it at that price level. Pretty awesome phone !!

i bought samsung galaxy 551, 12.5k +tax, for that money its awesome.

drawbacks are - resolution (some games [air traffic] dont scale down) , no dedicated gfx.

note: gps reception is amazing, screen readability in sun is 50% better compared to a n97

Back