Video Android TV: Beelink mini MX III vs ???

moggab

Disciple
Hi,
I am planning to buy an android TV box for my samsung 40" non-smart TV.
After much deliberation, I am inclined to buy "Beelink MiniMXIII TV Box 1000M LAN":
http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_349815.html?wid=21

It has amlogic 905 SOC, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB ROM and quad core.
Seems perfect for my needs.

But in the comments the seller mentions that it doesnt play mkv files.
Is it true ?? or in practical terms it means that it may not play certain codecs in mkv container ??
Because the codecs can be changed, if required ?
Any other suggestion would be welcome.

Can anybody help out pls ?

Just now clicked on the link. Presently under a flash sale for the next 21 odd hours($41.99) One of the reviewers even mentions that it plays mkv files, contradicting the sellers answers. For the $ it looks good.

There is another version of the same box with BT 4 on other websites, very confusing with these chineese prods.

Have ordered on 9th, still not received it, opted for registered delivery.

My main application would be Ditto TV, Hotstar, Voot, etc along with 2nd XBMC with lib sharing from 1st XBMC/OSMC on RPi2.

Last edited:
The amlogic S912 boxes are around the corner, and reviews will be out in a month, is it better idea to wait for that.. ?

I got a beelink gt1 the s912 last week. And I am preety much satisfied with it. Although I have a real dabba TV(converting HDMI to composite sux). But this box does its work very well. I still haven't got much time to explore it more.

I got a beelink gt1 the s912 last week. And I am preety much satisfied with it. Although I have a real dabba TV(converting HDMI to composite sux). But this box does its work very well. I still haven't got much time to explore it more.
Please post a review as and when you get time.

Back