android tv boxes

Any experience with them? or with the advent of smart tv , these boxes are not required?
Yes. I am using h96 pro on vu non smart tv. Over all good experience. Boxes can be updated and customised, kodi can be installed on it.
Not sure if you can do the same on smart t.v.

smart tv can be expensive as compared to non-smart versions at certain screen sizes. tv boxes definitely have a thing here.
I have a 40" normal tv, with a mi box and I LOVE it.
make sure to not get a shitty smart box

@chetansha. Can u help me with h96 pro. Where did u get it from in India? Does it come with Bluetooth Remote?
I got it from bangood. Got hit customs duty of 41% on customs assesed value of 5k.
It comes with a remote, not sure if it bt or ir. I probably think it's ir

https://www.banggood.com/H96-PRO-PL...p-1100082.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=CN[DOUBLEPOST=1521003353][/DOUBLEPOST]
now confused wth the myriad of options :D ... m96x vs m8s mini

VU tv coming out with Android 7 TV's . check out flipkart, willbe available from 16th onwards

Last edited:
Mi box is the best bet. Have acquired one recently and very happy with it. Netflix can stream at 4k/1080p whereas other android boxes will be limited to 480p i guess!!

Plus very stable

^Try SPMC.

Getting Chromecast is pointless if compared to mi box. Since mi box has chromecast builtin, has voice remote, kodi, x265 , and costs the same if no customs.

I am not sure how good Mi Box international version is in India. What's the total cost once you were able to buy ?

Firestick has an app store, supports sideloading of Kodi and so on.

I got the mi box for only 66$ (and not 33$ as I earlier thought), no customs, but another guy wasn't as lucky.
mi box also has a play store (with some apps), others can be side loaded. kodi / spmc are available in the play store itself.

Last edited:
Mi box 3, which I currently use is good. Mi box 4, which was recently launched have the same processor & configuration as old one, except a patchwall which is a custom skin on top of Android TV OS

One can buy either one of these without any issues. Currently, i have the following Apps installed & working on MI box 3 (international version)
- Kodi
- Amazon prime (Nvidia shield Version, other versions will force close)
- Jio TV
- Firefox etc
- Netflix with 4k streaming
- Airplay app for streaming from Apple devices. Works pretty good

The apps which fail to work
- Amazon Music, Jio Music, and Wynk

I am using it with RII Remote as well as with MI remote. I have connected a USB hub, connected 16GB USB pen drive and using it as an internal storage.

Hope I have provided enough information :)

I am using X96 box which I got for $30. It has S905X and 2GB RAM + 16GB storage. It works good and main apps I use with it are Amazon Prime, Sony LIV, HotStar and Popcorn Time. IMO, one should save by buying non-smart TV and spend on such boxes.

I am using X96 box which I got for $30. It has S905X and 2GB RAM + 16GB storage. It works good and main apps I use with it are Amazon Prime, Sony LIV, HotStar and Popcorn Time. IMO, one should save by buying non-smart TV and spend on such boxes.
Yep. Have the same opinion :)

Back