Android with QWERTY Keypad?

jainanshal

Disciple
Hey Guys,

Please suggest me Android phones with QWERTY keypad that i wish to purchase for my wife. Please exclude any sliding full keypad type phones as she wants only the ones which have keyboard right below the screen (same Blackberry design).

I got 2 phones, Samsung Galaxy Pro B7510 and Motorola Charm.

Charm looked good to me but it is now almost out as it comes with Eclair and Motorola has declared it won't be updated to Froyo (correct me if I am wrong).

That leaves me with only Samsung B7510. Any comments on this phone?

Please suggest if there are any other phones with Android and QWERTY.
Budget: 10-12k

Thanks!! :)

The Galaxy pro is great..

But OT i suggest you to try the E5/BB 9300 before...

THe QWERTY Keypad of a BB is much better than anything... Just try it..

If Android is a Compulsion, go for the Galaxy Pro

Thanks @teja92 & @nanoneo

Any cons of Galaxy Pro?

Also, Any BB phone around 10-12k with similar features as Galaxy Pro (obviously except Android)?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Guys.. any input on problems with Galaxy Pro??

There is another phone named HTC Chacha for 15k. It has Android 2.3 aka Gingerbread pre installed. Screen resolution is also better than Charm and Galaxy Pro.

If you can increase your budget then it is a great buy.

In your budget Galaxy Pro is the only option having QWERTY plus Android. I've seen the phone in person. The screen looks pixelated and didn't like the design either (subjective). Will suggest you to try it before you buy.

i will surely vouch for HTC Cha Cha! it has better battery, better camera with flash, better performance alongwith the famous Sense UI of HTC. all this makes it a deadly combo!! and if u are a facebook addict then this phone comes with a dedicated facebook button!

In your Budget with android and portrait QWERTY , Samsung galaxy pro does look to be the only decent option. Avoid Motorola Charm as it is/soon going to be an outdated product.

Any particular requirements? Then we can make better suggestions.

If the phone is only for calling/texting/BBM then BB curve 8520 is nice with some lively colours available.

If you want a phone same as above with 3G/GPS and Nokia Brand satisfaction/familiarity then you have the E5

also as others have suggested If you do increase your budget,HTC ChaCha will be a better option. Low resolution really affects how an android smartphone is used.

Back