Video Animax dropped by TataSky

prabs said:
I am not sure a handful of anime fans asking them to restore a channel or prepare to watch them switch will work.

Reason - Airtel started FUP, a lot of people protested and threatened to leave some left as well but was FUP removed? No, infact some of the others ISPs adopted it as well. MTNL Delhi has a few FUP plans and MTNL was initially considered to be a safe haven.

Truth be told this is a petty issue (even though I feel gutted) but the fact remains that -

A service provider entices you to subscribe to their service. Once you have subscribed to their service, the norms are changed without any notification. You find out about it eventually file complaints, threaten to leave but the service is not restored. You look for alternatives and then you find a service provider who promises you the moon. Go back to start of this paragraph.

I will obviously reply to the mail but I don't expect it to do miracles.

^ Extremely true. That's the reason people start pirating. Cause people at the helm of a company do not listen to their customers. What TS has done is push all their anime viewing customers to download anime in totality now. Sure we can switch providers, but that is a pain. I'd rather watch anime on tv than go to trouble of waiting for a week for a series to download.

I have two dth providers, and frankly speaking all look the same to me. Its like jumping from one frying pan to another.

I had ditched my first provider cause their service was really bad. Pixellated video and stuttering audio when then claimed dvd like video quality. It was like watching a badly scratched vcd on a no name chinese dvd player. I will just keep this Ts for some time and then return it to the company. Wonder if i'll get a refund.

It would feel like heaven if animax starts to release dvds of their dubs.I feel like i had searched the whole internet for black cat and gits sac series animax dub.:S

its not only animax they will further remove some channels and replace it in some days with others because this is only what they can do at present as they are crying for tp space issuse in each and every reply they give.

if i have to name best 3 anime channels it will be CN,animax and disney channel who the hell watches cbeebies.

tatasky is happily claming that they are providing 191 channels and services then what about other dth like videocon who is providing 328 channels and services and with much cheaper rates. every other dth provider is giving much more number of channels than tatasky which is providing least and most costly among all dth.

wake up tata sky you are falling behind in dth race.tatasky definetly lose its customers if this continues.

removing channels is not the solution to the problem.

Hmm, Videocon has got a lot traction in the lower end. So the only differentiating factor at the higher end is HD channels. I always wondered why Airtel was skipping a lot of paid HD channels, but looks like they are running out of bandwith too.

I speak for myself, but I would rather watch HD content, rather then SD content whose availability on the net is applenty. And HD quality on tata sky is phenomenal, I am not joking but even the 20GB 1080p rips cannot match it. As far as HD signal, and channel availability is concerned Tat Sky is yet the best.

think123 said:
its not only animax they will further remove some channels and replace it in some days with others because this is only what they can do at present as they are crying for tp space issuse in each and every reply they give.

if i have to name best 3 anime channels it will be CN,animax and disney channel who the hell watches cbeebies.

From when did Cartoon Network and Disney become anime channels?

Cartoon Network and Disney are predominantly US cartoon channels. They hardly air anything of japanese origin all 24 hrs, so they are not anime channels. They are the usual cartoon channels.

So there is only 1 anime channel technically in India - Animax.

Replied to their mail in the morning. Still haven't received a reply.

Animax is not the only channel that shows anime but Doraemon and shin chan are also anime. Shin Chan is drawn differently just like Cyborg Kurochan was on Animax. Doraemon, Kiteretsu, Ninja Hattodi etc., are also anime (drawn some what like 'Future Boy Conan'. Mind you any Japanese cartoon qualifies as Anime). So, Hungama (which belongs to Disney now), Disney (Doraemon) and Nickelodeon do show anime. I think Cartoon Network was showing DBZ series and still has pokemon so they do show anime not to mention they had 'Ninja Robots'.

Hungama shows the largest number of anime after Animax. So it is wrong to say that Animax is the only channel that shows Anime. Not to mention recently Animax used to air (for me the channel is dead ATM)/airs some reality shows so they were/are not showing Anime 24/7 either.

Aces170 said:
Hmm, Videocon has got a lot traction in the lower end. So the only differentiating factor at the higher end is HD channels. I always wondered why Airtel was skipping a lot of paid HD channels, but looks like they are running out of bandwith too.

I speak for myself, but I would rather watch HD content, rather then SD content whose availability on the net is applenty. And HD quality on tata sky is phenomenal, I am not joking but even the 20GB 1080p rips cannot match it. As far as HD signal, and channel availability is concerned Tat Sky is yet the best.

Airtel negotiation policy is worse of the lot, and also they bring on PPV channels only for the important cricket events of India. They have launched 500/- per month all channels included plan with assurance to all the channels to be launched to be included as well for HD content inclusive. I am waiting for ESPN and STAR cricked HD channels to be launched then to upgrade my pack.

Also most important ESPN - STAR have bagged the rights fro 2012 London Olympics so its better they launch the two Sports HD channels well before that.

And they dont have scarcity of Transponders as then recently switched to a new sat with expansion in sight.

Update: Got a call from a Tata Sky representative who said that she has forwarded my feedback to the concerned department who will try their best to reinstate the channel. She would not give a date by when the channel will be restored but just apologized for the inconvenience and gave assurance that they will try and restore the channel.

Well i hope they will restore the channel and add more space for the new channels.
prabs said:
Update: Got a call from a Tata Sky representative who said that she has forwarded my feedback to the concerned department who will try their best to reinstate the channel. She would not give a date by when the channel will be restored but just apologized for the inconvenience and gave assurance that they will try and restore the channel.

prabs said:
Replied to their mail in the morning. Still haven't received a reply.

Animax is not the only channel that shows anime but Doraemon and shin chan are also anime. Shin Chan is drawn differently just like Cyborg Kurochan was on Animax. Doraemon, Kiteretsu, Ninja Hattodi etc., are also anime (drawn some what like 'Future Boy Conan'. Mind you any Japanese cartoon qualifies as Anime). So, Hungama (which belongs to Disney now), Disney (Doraemon) and Nickelodeon do show anime. I think Cartoon Network was showing DBZ series and still has pokemon so they do show anime not to mention they had 'Ninja Robots'.

Hungama shows the largest number of anime after Animax. So it is wrong to say that Animax is the only channel that shows Anime. Not to mention recently Animax used to air (for me the channel is dead ATM)/airs some reality shows so they were/are not showing Anime 24/7 either.

showing 1 or 2 anime series a day does not make Disney and Cartoon Network anime channels. When they start showing anime majority of the day then they can be called as an anime channel. I know Animax wasnt airing anime shows 24/7, but they do air it major part of the day and night too. They did start airing some US tv shows at 10pm at night recently, plus some really bad Korean game shows. But its not that these shows take up major part of the schedule. They take just 6 or 7 hrs in 24 hrs if we include the reruns.

Disney and Cartoon Network, show mainly US cartoons like Powerpuff, Jonny Bravo etc major part of the day. Pokemon, Beyblade, DBZ are kids anime. These have just a half hour slot in a day and maybe air 2 times if reruns are counted and all of them dont air everyday. And at night after 11, these channels show crap ads about hair gain tonics, losing weight etc :S You cant call these as anime channels. They are just wannabe kids channels. They've sold their time at night to stay alive cause they've already failed at it.

Animax was one of my favorite channels . I called TATA SKY not just four times and got the same answer every time t. I was infuriated when find Animax removed from Tata Sky . Animax had the best dubbed Anime and they also simulcasted Anime with subtitles.Hell Girl and Fairy Tail were dubbed very nicely by Animax I can't find dubs like that anywhere online. I hope they bring back Animax or else I'll have to switch to another DTH

one thing that we all agree is that dropping any channel is not a good move by tatasky when other dth operators are increasing the number of channels.

One of my best channel is Animax and this channel is one of the reasons i have subscribed your services but there seems to be an issue ,i cannot find the channel on my Tatasky ,would you please rectify this issue immediately,because its one of my best channel that i like to watch,please rectify this issue immediately.

I sent them a query lets see what happens.

Back