Storage Solutions Another WD Green Failed Drive!!!! Screw u WD

No suprises here my WD 1tb just conked off. When i try to access it , A pop up comes up saying that i need to format my drive. So I am not able to access the drive.

It was working fine last night when i connected a External 1tb Seagate to my system to take a backup of the HD Movies from this internal 1tb Drive. I put some 20gb initially to copy(from internal to external) but then i slept off. Now i wake to see this. The 10gb data that has been copied is all corrupted. No file is playing. SEcondly when ever i try to access the internal drive it tells me to format it. The drive wasnt making any click sounds as of yesterday. Today it isnt making any sound!!! I can pretty much safely say that there is no movement going inside the internal HDD.
Is there a way to salvage this loss?

This is the Second WD Green HDD that has died on me. I have already lost more than 500gb of Data. Is there any way to sue these motherhahahahaing son of b**ches. Can i escalate this matter?

The problem is even if i RMA the drive i will get another WD Green .I have no idea about the reliability of current stock.

Welcome to the "Royally screwed by WD" club :D
:(
there is nothing much you could do, apart from sending it back for a month long RMA. Looks like they give a damn about Indian customers :mad:

Well yeah they are definately motherhahaing b**ches. I had a DOA HD which i got rmaed. Now the new one which i got has developed bad sectors in three weeks. The SMART status already has gone to warning now. I want to RMA this efffed up HD, but then my seagate completely failed at this wrong time. talk about woes :mad:

Back