PC Peripherals Any branded Bluetooth 2.0 Adaptor?

Hey guyz...

are any proper branded bluetooth dongles available these days in Delhi??

one which has Unified driver for win7 x64 too...

I'm sick & tired off these cheapo 130/150 wala ones....

I had an AirBridge one that lasted me 6 yrs.. i lost it one day...

Pls recommend some... thx

I bought a mini bluetooth adapter from Enter here

eBay India: ENTER Bluetooth DONGLE + DRIVER CD 100mt Range+1yr WRTY (item 250623983069 end time 06-May-2010 20:46:50 IST)

What I received was actually the one displayed here.

eBay India: Enter USB To Bluetooth Dongle (Up to 100Mts.) + Warrant (item 290430255068 end time 06-May-2010 22:59:49 IST)

This has got CSR chipset and Windows found the updated CSR drivers online. It can connect to my bluetooth headset BH200, which is not the case with generic driver from Microsoft. So I didnt need to install any stack software like Widcomm, toshiba or bluesoleil.

Btw i am using Win7 x64.

yeah these cheapo ones are usuallyu using the CSR chip... but they stop working after sometime....

anyway -- thx for the update. even one of the shopkeepers was saying the "Enter" ones are a little better than others...

Will give it a try..... & post back....

The last one i bought had ISSCEDRBTA chipset. It worked only with Bluesoleil which was fine in XP but quite messy in Win7. I am still using old 2.x.x version with my adapter as recent 6.x.x were quite buggy.

This is the 2nd adapter I bought and so I had no experience with CSR.

@mehargags, when you say they stop working after some time, you mean drivers or the adapter itself??

Guys dont even think about the ****ing ENTER BT dongles. Those which came before a year or two were ok (but not excellent) and they were big in size like a normal pen drive . But the small ones which come nowadays are full of crap. Very very slow transfer rates (like 15-20kb/s max) and they reach a point of 2-3 Kb/s also. But they work with windows xp and 7 and for xp you have to install the Bluesolil application ; for 7 no driver is required

Moreover very frequently they fail to detect/detected (even the old ones have this problem but transfer rates were 60-75Kb/s and detection rate was good).

I bought the ENTER BT just a week back and immediately returned it because of this. I also came to know about zippys BT dongle, pirana BT dongle sold by delta periferals (who claims that its their own brand). Havent used the pirana and zippy but all these including the Enter are priced more or less same.

Recently i also read negative reviews about D-link BT dongle where it needs a couple of hw/firmware revisons. the dlink one retails for about .95k. Anyway even if it works well i am not going to spend this much for just a BT dongle

Now looking for a good BT dongle in the range of 200-250 bucks.

Guys please suggest me a good one. Is there any one who has used the pirana or the zippy ones ??

Dlink is utter crap other than its plain switches... thats it.

all other hardware has serious firmware bugs, I've dealt alot with the wireless routers & finally gave up using Dlink..

950 is not a costly dongle, but when u r spending such comparitively big amount, u ought to have a trouble free operation & unified compatibility..

Back