WTB Any cheap android phone/device which can be rooted

Status
Not open for further replies.

raksrules

Elite
Want to buy any android phone that can be rooted. I am ok if its screen is broken or the SIM Card doesn't work, just that the touch should work, I should be able to root and install apps on it.
Free would be good but I am looking to pay as much less as possible. All I need is.. wifi should work and I can root and install apps on it.
If SIM slot is broken that is also fine. I do not need it for calls.

Have Xperia Ray for Rs.1200 shipped.
Screen has little damage, battery drains in ~2hrs and the back cover is cracked but meets all your requirements :p

Have Xperia Ray for Rs.1200 shipped.
Screen has little damage, battery drains in ~2hrs and the back cover is cracked but meets all your requirements :p

Does the screen work ? As in all touch ? Whenever possible can you send few pics ?
Battery drain in 2 hours lying idle ?

Want to buy any android phone that can be rooted. I am ok if its screen is broken or the SIM Card doesn't work, just that the touch should work, I should be able to root and install apps on it.
Free would be good but I am looking to pay as much less as possible. All I need is.. wifi should work and I can root and install apps on it.
If SIM slot is broken that is also fine. I do not need it for calls.
Battery life ?

If the screen is broken then how can touch work.

How long will the screen stay on, does it even need to be on. This is where battery life turns around. As for decent battery life , few of last years devices qualify (that too with a brand new battery) let alone a throw away one that you are looking for.

So you need a big battery and if screen on or phone isn't necessary then maybe a tab would be better.

If it will be connected to the mains all the time then battery does not matter.

Last edited:
I feel you should go with a Burst. You can get a Burst for 3.5K to 4K tops, used, in decent condition. The battery is the only issue. 1GB of RAM, with 16GB (12GB usable) onboard and a speedy dual-core cortex A9 processor are awesome.

Else wait till AndroidOne comes out.

Another option is a tablet, which will cost the same as the burst.

Btw any one selling ZTE blade ? I have a blade with busted mic and serves my purpose for now and another ZTE blade would be good to have.

Btw just one more requirement. I will need phone to support minimum gingerbread. 512 MB ram would be great as I intend to play videos on the phone.

I know ZTE blade works on all counts so asking if anyone wants to part away with theirs. It's a nifty little phone.

Last edited:
Btw any one selling ZTE blade ? I have a blade with busted mic and serves my purpose for now and another ZTE blade would be good to have.

Btw just one more requirement. I will need phone to support minimum gingerbread. 512 MB ram would be great as I intend to play videos on the phone.

I know ZTE blade works on all counts so asking if anyone wants to part away with theirs. It's a nifty little phone.
Are you hunting for yet another device to play videos while commuting :p

@harishmenace

Summoning here so you can reply here and we can trade feedback. I was cursing this guy while opening the package. That was some damn bullet proof packing her had done. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back