Any cheap & cheerful true wireless earbud?

superczar

Skilled
My cook, a young lad , is a headphone freak .
He has over time borrowed quite a few of my headphones but now he is fixated on a pair of true wireless buds. (borrowed = never to be returned :D )

I am now supposed to order one for him because I am surely not letting him borrow mine :)

Amazon and FK seem to be flooded with generic BT buds but are there any sensible true wireless buds available that actually work reliably?
I am not looking to spend more than 1.5- 2K

Like these:Bass Evolution Stark Bluetooth 5.0 Deep Bass True Wireless Earbuds (TWS) with Magnetic Charging/Noise Isolation/Voice Assistant/Sweat & Splash Proof/Ergonomic Design (Black) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07WPKB44F/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_LDrYDbEB33X37
More like this one
The only issue with this and a dozen other similar options on amazon is the mixed reviews.
It's very hard to figure out which of the reviews are true.

That's why I was wonderig if someone could point me to a reliable option

More like this one
The only issue with this and a dozen other similar options on amazon is the mixed reviews.

Wait for others to suggest you the best or good ones from any of the e-commerce sites.

More like this one

The problem is they use wifi to communicate with each other and can be subject to interference. Even Sony has this issue. Bragi's use the same method as hearing aids and are more immune. I doubt you will find anything cheap that works well.

They cost too much so i got something wired that does not have this intra bud communications problem. Went with wired. Cheaper and reliable. Fits in a shirt pocket. Had them for over a year now. The buds are small enough to sleep with. The set is well constructed, its lasted over a year now and it comes with a 2yr warranty

Gets even better with comply foam tips. Passive isolation that's good for about 3 months.

If you can wait a month or so for the product to arrive the Edifier TWS1 are pretty good and have decent reviews everywhere. Costs 4k in India but is available for 2k at Aliexpress.

OP has to pay customs charges again right.
Its better to buy from here itself.

Try xiaomi airbuds

Some Indian reviews saying one side stopped working.

Heard this is good.
Looked this up and discovered they sell one variant in India, the BTW 01 and another in Germany, the BTW 10. Notice the difference in the number.

The design is different as well AND the german one uses usb C, the indian one uses micro usb for charging. Not that charging matters a whole deal because these products are still usb 2 with a usb c port.

Then i tried to find a listing on the bluetooth site.

Nope never heard of it. Blaupunkt has quite a few models listed there but i find neither. Look up well known models and they show up immediately. The manual say BT 5

I think the anker liberty is better than this one.

Looking at the reviews i see quite a few people complaining about one earbud losing connection. Pairing issues and this thing will only pair to one device at a time.

Call quality where mic is in the ear will have issues and you can't do anything about it unless its possible to hold one bud closer to the mouth.

People see the price and are instantly attracted but quite frankly i'd pay a little more and get the set i have which has been good in my use over a year later and just as portable.

This truly wireless is not mature yet. I think i will wait another year and see if things get better. The hard part is resisting the temptation.

Last edited:
Back