Any experience with safegold.com

dpandey

Adept
I am thinking of adding some gold to my portfolio and came across this site when looking for digital gold. They have a tie up with ICICI, my primary bank, so I don't need to go through another account opening and KYC.

I was wondering if any one has dealt with them and can share some information about the experience.

Sovereign Gold Bonds are issued by RBI on behalf of GOI. They are open for enrolment during specific time of year. You can keep the surplus amount in Liquid Mutual Fund and purchase it once it's open for buying.

I use Paytm Gold....

Would it be possible to check the difference between the buy and sell price on paytm?

I bought some from safegold (from ICICI) and see a 10% difference in buy and sell prices.

The current buy price is 3408.84 (including GST). The sell price is 3102.05.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to check the difference between the buy and sell price on paytm?

I bought some from safegold (from ICICI) and see a 10% difference in buy and sell prices.

The current buy price is 3408.84 (including GST). The sell price is 3102.05.

I will check this out....

Got this sms today :

Dear Customer, Sovereign Gold Bond Subscription opens for 5 days starting from 14.01.19 at all our KVB Branches. Please walk into your nearest KVB branch for more details.

Is gold even a good investment anymore? I don't see the value of gold changing much since 2011 compared to earlier periods. I guess you have to just bank on disruptions for making short term profits.

If I invested Rs 1,00,000 in gold in 2012, I will get roughly the same amount back today. But if I adjust for inflation, I would have lost about 30k on my original investment.

upload_2019-1-14_10-40-50.png

Is gold even a good investment anymore? I don't see the value of gold changing much since 2011 compared to earlier periods. I guess you have to just bank on disruptions for making short term profits.

If I invested Rs 1,00,000 in gold in 2012, I will get roughly the same amount back today. But if I adjust for inflation, I would have lost about 30k on my original investment.

View attachment 78375
Check from 2008/9 onwards. I have invested equally in gold and large cap mutual fund, gold has given me a better return.

Typically, diversification will result in lower overall risk.
When stock markets tank, gold is usually buoyant.
If stock markets are doing good, and perceived risk on debts/bonds is manageable then gold stagnates.

View attachment 78375
At what percent are you assuming/calculating your about ?
I am surprised, lot of real time details removed from G and only kept for investing brands today.. lol.

What are you trying to say? Gold value has nearly flat lined in the last 8 years compared to previous trend. It's hanging roughly around the same level. As for inflation, you can use a inflation calculator for India to get the rough value of the money.

Back