Any frequent Redditor here ?

Futureized

Skilled
Happened to visit that site since last few weeks, they have made politics of india (*cked up) there own den.. LOL
Rest all is great and quite quick..

Looks interesting

At a glance, can't tell which way the bias swings. Pro govt or opposition. Liberal or right wing though i expect it would be more liberal than RW.

These topics are better handled in forums i think. Better interface and things can be bumped.

Can reddit posts be bumped or do they just sink down and nobody looks at them any more ?

I still fail to see what advantage these new mediums offer over good old fashioned forums.

And forums don't even have to be as fancy as TE, older interfaces are still good enough.

Can reddit posts be bumped or do they just sink down and nobody looks at them any more ?
It sinks down with time..
Unless you are interested in Top Posts from 24 hours, week, month etc.

Most probably it is just discussing about new stuff.
And as far /india is concerned those talks are mainly bunch of people from suporting opposition.

My main concern for topic was, does reddit allows multiple usernames from same email address etc. ?

It sinks down with time..
Unless you are interested in Top Posts from 24 hours, week, month etc.
The CAA topic must be pinned then. That's why its on top.

Yeah so that's useless for me and a waste quite frankly.. as more hands makes less work.

Not possible to do topic tracking in this medium.

Figuring out what is going on requires that and often you only get a better picture after several months.

Most probably it is just discussing about new stuff.
So there are always new things and people's knowledge will be shallow.

I'd rather know more about some things than nothing about most things.

And as far /india is concerned those talks are mainly bunch of people from suporting opposition.
In a democratic setup the opposition has a right to talk crap. Just have to put up with it. Don't expect to be informed in such venues.

My main concern for topic was, does reddit allows multiple usernames from same email address etc. ?
Don't know. Experiment.

I still fail to see what advantage these new mediums offer over good old fashioned forums.

The advantage is that you can have a discussion on anything and everything in just one place instead of having accounts on ten different forums.
Reddit is responsible for the demise of half the forums on the internet, heck even TE and [E] don't see much activity anymore because everyone is probably on reddit.

That might have more to do with accessing through a phone ?

Forums are from the PC age. PC's interact better with them than phones.

One account to discuss all is well and good if you can get the answers you want.

I was banned from there. Anything pro modi, and you are out. Pathetic LOL.
Well quite similar to real India, anything anti Modi/Shah/Adityanth and you are in jail.
Seems like this is how the world works.
:(

As for propaganda, not necessary that all channels (print, radio, TV, internet, mobiles, etc) are all controlled by one faction only.

Those are called alts. You can make 10 -20 alts using without using email id. Those are called throwaway accounts. Once you forget the username or password you cannot recover those accounts since recovering account password requires email address. If you have enough money to throw around, you can buy genuine accounts for $3+ depending on the reddit account age and karma it has. Lot of Pakis buying Aussie and other country accounts to push the Kashmir "genocide" or some other topics like rapes etc on reddit and give each other silver/gold/platinum awards to make the account seem real. Most probably some political parties here do the same thing - except instead of fighting Pakistan, they're fighting Indians.

Reddit is like a world wide group chat with everything thrown in from jokes and memes to serious stuff.

@Sobirvs , post in my sub - r/IndiaMain. I'm the only active mod and only active submitter (not counting youtube channel and blog spammers). my sub is empty. :cry:

Reddit's main advantage are the sheer number of people and variety of subs. There are soo many different communities and groups. Almost every subject has a subreddit. So with simply one account, can access 100's of forums. Some of the most popular communities for many subjects are on reddit.

Examples:
https://www.reddit.com/r/audiobooks/ - audiobooks - One of the friendliest communities.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskNetsec/ - network security
https://www.reddit.com/r/web_design

Some subreddits are filled with pretentious know-it-all arses. Some are not. I am also not a fan of reddit like no-bump system. It makes getting help difficult. Following up with more info etc.

Lot of Pakis buying Aussie and other country accounts to push the Kashmir "genocide" or some other topics like rapes etc on reddit and give each other silver/gold/platinum awards to make the account seem real.
Noted

Most probably some political parties here do the same thing - except instead of fighting Pakistan, they're fighting Indians.
I think those are mostly on twitter. Any where else i bump into the far right i always ask how's the weather in Lahore :D

If i was ISI this is what i would do

Support the far right or pretend to be them
Post automatically merged:

So the indian reddit is the opposite of the American then. I always thought Reddit was a bit too liberal. Anything goes within reason.

Last edited:
I made a new sub related to android. I want people willing to mod and post news and articles there. I was thinking to make it India specific android community.
Nothing is done for now. Still need to put up banner, automod etc. I've just posted some news articles so it does not look empty.

sub - r/android4all

I decided to check out some of the content there and its definitely pro opposition

See, my thing is following what the govt does with people who can best explain it. These people are not it.

Voting on posts means something that isn't liked gets pushed down no matter if its relevant or not.

I don't care if people like or not what i say only if there are valid challenges. No need to bother, if they don't like they just down vote you out.

Last edited:
I decided to check out some of the content there and its definitely pro opposition

See, my thing is following what the govt does with people who can best explain it. These people are not it.

Voting on posts means something that isn't liked gets pushed down no matter if its relevant or not.

I don't care if people like or not what i say only if there are valid challenges. No need to bother, if they don't like they just down vote you out.

Yeah, let me clear, I am not pro modi, but I am not pro opposition aswell. I like to have my fun of both parties Cong or BJP. That's what internet trolls do anyways. But modi gives one wrong statement or makes a scene by falling while he is climbing the stairs and everyone at r/india are cheering lol but when modi calls Rahul a tubelight or takes a jab at him, not even a post or a topic u will see at the front of r/india. This is not right.

Also I have heard all admins/staff/mods at r/india are most not in india but CA or USA or different parts of the worlds. Not sure though

Yeah, let me clear, I am not pro modi, but I am not pro opposition aswell. I like to have my fun of both parties Cong or BJP. That's what internet trolls do anyways. But modi gives one wrong statement or makes a scene by falling while he is climbing the stairs and everyone at r/india are cheering lol but when modi calls Rahul a tubelight or takes a jab at him, not even a post or a topic u will see at the front of r/india. This is not right.
Look i pick fights with both sides as well. Not to troll but because both sides are full of it. That is called being a free citizen of a free country. You get to call out their crap.

Also I have heard all admins/staff/mods at r/india are most not in india but CA or USA or different parts of the worlds. Not sure though
Great i think i would last even less in that place that you did. That tells you what the participation of Indians is on reddit in general.

The odd thing was browsing through it felt as if the UPA was still in office. Like you said only bad things are posted. Very different to the mostly pro ruling party places i patronise who will discuss what the govt is doing and THEN criticise it. These critiques are quite potent because they've understood what the govt is doing and pointing out the missing bits or slamming the approach.

WHAT the govt is doing, official sources, explanations and debates on that are missing on this reddit !!

I saw their mega mega CAA thread and was surprised how little content there was in it. Has it been removed or lost. How can that be if it was pinned. Long list of dharnas in every city of the country where they are being held. And how many days so far it has been going. That they are tracking.

290k people following . Seriously ?? i have better arguments with twenty people than that many

101 topics posted everyday with little tags to indicate the subject, is a freaking mess compared to ordered forums and sub forums.

Forums is like stuff neatly put in drawers. Reddit is like cops went through your house and dumped contents of your drawers on the floor :D

Last edited:
Reddit is like cops went through your house and dumped contents of your drawers on the floor

More like we went to a dumpster site and looking at garbage getting piled up by the truckload. Most of the content on Reddit is posted and re-posted for months. It's like seeing the same thing again and again.

More like we went to a dumpster site and looking at garbage getting piled up by the truckload. Most of the content on Reddit is posted and re-posted for months. It's like seeing the same thing again and again.
Because you cannot bump anything. Something that was brought up months back is forgotten. So there is duplication. Instead of one place to discuss regardless of timeline you get several disjointed conversations.

This is clearly a step back and regressive. The emphasis is the latest is the best and old is trash. Everything must conclude in a day or so which is unrealistic.

I don't have this much criticism for tech stuff because things tend to be more or less stand alone but the format does not work for subjects like politics which frequently refer to past developments or there is some thing that builds on it.

And then there is this....

unreachable.jpg

Oops...

Last edited:
Back