CPU/Mobo Any idea about the Asus A8n-VM CSM??

Guys, my cousin wanna buy stuff for his new rig for CG work...we already had a discussion about this b4 in this section but now he has found this new mobo from Asus, A8n-vm Csm..

more info here..

http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=15&l3=0&model=766&modelmenu=1

Its an NVIDIA GeForce 6150 + nForce 430 based mobo..

Features:

- Support AMD Socket 939 Athlon 64FX / Athlon 64 X2 / Athlon 64

- NVIDIA GeForce 6150 + nForce 430

- Dual-channel DDR400

- PCI Express architecture

- Integrated GeForce6 GPU

- Dual VGA Ouput: DVI-D & RGB

- NVIDIA Gigabit LAN with NVIDIA ActiveArmor Firewall

- 4 x SATA II (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1, RAID 5)

- 1394a Support

- High Definition Audio

He says it wud be better as he can do widout a gfx card for the moment..but tht fellow is a big game freak..:no:

Now i told him tht this mobo isnt one of the fastest performers and i doubt its overclocking abilities as well, but he wants advise from others as well..:mad:

So what do you have to say about the mobo?Btw any idea about the price?

I suggested him to go for A8N-E..wudnt it be better??

Nope. As Eazy pointed out, I think all 6150 based boards have been pulled outta the shelves coz' of the problems with the chipset. But there is a GigaByte board based on the 6100/430 chip with Firewire and nVRaid etc... The only difference between the 2 is that the 6150 onboard graphics is clocked higher. So the 6100 should be good enough.

Freaky said:
So the 6100 should be good enough.

The article mentions that the problem was with both the 6100 as well as 6150 based boards. I think the 6150 boards have 4 SATA connectors and the 6100's have only 2.

By gosh...i've got to show this to my cousin... and this has been happening even with nforce 4..?? i have doubts...seems the hdd has more to do with it...btw, has anyone in our forums faced such problem with a nforce 4 based mobo?

Eazy said:
The article mentions that the problem was with both the 6100 as well as 6150 based boards. I think the 6150 boards have 4 SATA connectors and the 6100's have only 2.

no....my gigabyte 6100 comes with 4 SATA connectors.

CaaYoTee said:
By gosh...i've got to show this to my cousin... and this has been happening even with nforce 4..?? i have doubts...seems the hdd has more to do with it...btw, has anyone in our forums faced such problem with a nforce 4 based mobo?

no such data corruption actually exists. i have been using my system heavily for databases(occasionaly moving files larger than 4gb)....never encountered data loss or any suchthing. im running gigabyte 6100 with no problems whatsover....
these r nothing but the rumours spread out by ati fans...since 6100 is the only rival to take off ati xpress 200.
im sure many of our forum members rely on nforce 4 based motherboards.

Spikywits said:
no such data corruption actually exists.

Now you can say " I TOLD YOU SO " :D

Nvidia denies C51 problems

Nvidia .... claims that there are no problems with C51 chipset wrapped in Geforce 6100 and Geforce 6150

It's interesting that the miraculous date corruption problem was solved on the 21st of October on late Friday, when Maxtor admitted that it was its problem, and not Nvidia's. On the other hand we are still investigating earlier reports about problems with an Nforce machine. Maybe it's just us.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27153

SORRY GUYS FOR THE FALSE ALARM :blushing:

Back