All OS Any Jio Phone user?

Looking to purchase a feature-phone for mother (60+ years old), as her Nokia 215 phone is outputting extremely low earpiece volume wherein the opposite party is almost impossible to hear to, and as none available, or available at outrageous prices being a feature-phone I'm looking at the Jio phone. Looking at the Amazon reviews scare the hell outta me. Like almost everyone says the keyboard is utter shite, is that true? Like can you actually type in 10 buttons 10 times and a number be dialled actually? Lol. Or you have to keep trying there?

If anyone uses Jio phone please confirm.

If your mom has been using Nokia, she will find it difficult to operate Jiophone.

The red variant does have buttons & quality issues.
Blue variant is a better hardware.

I'll recommend you buy her another Nokia.

If your mom has been using Nokia, she will find it difficult to operate Jiophone.

The red variant does have buttons & quality issues.
Blue variant is a better hardware.

I'll recommend you buy her another Nokia.
She will find it difficult to operate why? Because of the phone's quality issues or what?

Which Nokia should I purchase for her man? It's not the old Nokia quality any more. I still have a Nokia 1200 for nearly a decade now, not a single problem, despite me throwing the phone against wall multiple times. But her Microsoft made Nokia 215 has crapped up the earpiece volume :(

I really wanted to utilise that cheap Jio 49 plan actually. Whatever...maybe I should get her a cheap smartphone like Zenfone Lite or something.

I suppose few Nokia basic feature phones are still available in market.

Your should really try using jiophone yourself once.

She will find it difficult to operate why? Because of the phone's quality issues or what?

Which Nokia should I purchase for her man? It's not the old Nokia quality any more. I still have a Nokia 1200 for nearly a decade now, not a single problem, despite me throwing the phone against wall multiple times. But her Microsoft made Nokia 215 has crapped up the earpiece volume :(

I really wanted to utilise that cheap Jio 49 plan actually. Whatever...maybe I should get her a cheap smartphone like Zenfone Lite or something.
Jio 49 plan only works in Jio phone have been using 1 from over an year. But it has it's own set of issues and cant match up to a Nokia. If you go for any other phone jio plan of 49 will not work.

Jio 49 plan only works in Jio phone have been using 1 from over an year. But it has it's own set of issues and cant match up to a Nokia. If you go for any other phone jio plan of 49 will not work.
Therein lies the biggest problem. Jio couldn't even have a reputed company to make their phone hardware for them, yet the 49 plan is limited to their phones only.

Get her a touch phone. My mother initially refused touch - this was the Pantech Burst days, she wanted some Nokia feature phone because uncle was using it. Now using RN4 (after upgrades - Burst > Redmi 1S > RN4) and very happy.

Get her a touch phone. My mother initially refused touch - this was the Pantech Burst days, she wanted some Nokia feature phone because uncle was using it. Now using RN4 (after upgrades - Burst > Redmi 1S > RN4) and very happy.
Thanks. Yeah that's what I am going for. But I just can't find a device small enough and with decent built and big enough battery. Really want to avoid Xiomis. Probably just get that cheap Zenfone Lite anyway.

Thanks. Yeah that's what I am going for. But I just can't find a device small enough and with decent built and big enough battery. Really want to avoid Xiomis. Probably just get that cheap Zenfone Lite anyway.

Take whatever you want, but Xiaomi and Realme provide best bang for buck, plus repairs are not a bomb.

Take whatever you want, but Xiaomi and Realme provide best bang for buck, plus repairs are not a bomb.
Maybe. In any case, went ahead with the Flipkart's sale took place few days back by buying a Zenfone Max M1 (not the Pro version), at a mere 5450 rupees after discount with HDFC cards. Garbage arse device. I mean the only thing good is the screen to body ratio that's it. The main shite things I find are the ZenUI (yeah I thought it ran same near stock android like its Pro version, apparently didn't notice closely), which causes stutter in doing even the simplest of tasks, and that 18:9 aspect ratio. Even I can't read texts off of it without stressing my eyes, my mother's eyes might give up in no time.

Will be returning or selling at a loss with open to trade with some last gen's phone even, running near stock android and especially a humanely aspect ratio. Good god what has happened to mobile phone market nowadays.

There must be option to increase font size.
Yes of course there is. Tried increasing both the Font size, it looked absolutely weird afterwards; then increased the Display area size, looks better than increasing Font size but still something feels weird. In any case I have opted for return request.

Now I am looking for a new device. Any suggestions? I have also upgraded my budget from 5999 to 6999 now, maybe even up to 7999 if need be. Just need a compact phone, with good built, stock android would be great, but even if its not whatever skin it runs the optimisation of it has to be very good, so that it doesn't stutter in doing simple things. A senior citizen is going to be using the device, so suggest accordingly. I would have opted for the Max M1 Pro, but its really big, bigger than my Marlin even, mother can't use that comfortably. She will be using the phone for at least 3 years.

Thanks in advance.

PS: No Xiaomi. Still sticking with that mentality LoL. Even though I like the Realme phones!

Back