Any one doing Certified Ethical Hacker V8 ?

May I know what made you think that doing this 3-5 day course will make you hack*er & someone will give job to ha*k company servers ?

^^ I can't comment on "securing the job" part but yes, there are companies which employ people to hack into their systems. These people then suggest or come up with patches to make their employer's system more secure.

@gauravH
Agree with you but you cant be such a person in 3 day course. It takes time to learn coding, scripting rather then just running ready exe files given in DVD of this course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind that this is a starter certification which can help you get a job with a firm that does infosec consulting, and you will learn more on the job towards becoming a real pro at this. Your next target should be a Cissp in the next twelve months.

@Praks
I don't know what these courses teach and how much they are effective. My brother works in IT security team and his job is to keep the systems secure at all times. He lives abroad and I've never asked him if he had done any such courses. My guess is that he learned all this from with in the company. He must have gone thru some company sponsored certifications as well.

The gist is, he hacks into his employer's servers. May be OP has already done other such courses or has plans to do more afterwards... but it's entirely possible to be a white hat hacker and get paid for hacking.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Praks
I have never thought that nor did i assume it, i guess that is what your assumption is.

I was just in look for person who is doing CEH and can study along, so that we can do deep study and clear doubts and can learn much more better.

& it's not just about running exe files and executing the code, it's all about understanding how it is getting executed.

@axeman

thank you for input, i definitely have ahead plans, but everything needs a first step to start with :)

@Praks
I have never thought that nor did i assume it, i guess that is what your assumption is.

I was just in look for person who is doing CEH and can study along, so that we can do deep study and clear doubts and can learn much more better.

& it's not just about running exe files and executing the code, it's all about understanding how it is getting executed.

@axeman

thank you for input, i definitely have ahead plans, but everything needs a first step to start with :)

Great idea to go for CEH, but i would suggest you to go for a course like (since you are in Mumbai ) CISC which will give you clear understanding of concepts in Info Sec if you are new to IS... Coz in CEH being a 4-5 day training , u won't be able to completely understand all. U might clear the exam but not all concepts will get clear. CEH is an entry level certification which will add to your resume and most companies look for CEH too. But it is very difficult to get the job as a fresher in Info sec. Also you need to give time and understand the basics first. I'm not saying don't do CEH but do it after you are sure you understand the terms or have atleast a basic idea since the CEH course structure is vast and if you are new to Info Sec then you won't be able to cover it in 5 days.

Last edited:
thanks ankit, well, it's true, CEH is not for beginners. Actually, i already had bit of experience in this field and used to do freelancing. Anyways, i already completed the course and passed my exams and got Certified :) .

Initially i got surprise to know that hacking courses exist but later i got to know about this are ethical hackers and one can make a good career in ethical hacking.

Initially i got surprise to know that hacking courses exist but later i got to know about this are ethical hackers and one can make a good career in ethical hacking.
But there's very little scope for that in India.
My friend is a certified ethical hacking since past 4 years. Their placement isnt that good as well.

CEH certification is mostly about theory and being CEH does not guarantee any job. Listing that certification in Resume seems good to recruiters but there's nothing more to it then that.

Its kind of some show-off on the cv and fake impression. Its good for nothing practically in real life in our country. Unless somebody gets a shot to work with the Cybercell.

CEH is unfortunately very useful, it serves as a starting reference for recruiters to understand that you have the basic knowledge to do the necessary needed for the job.

As far as industry, the demand at present is so high that we have vacancies, but not enough qualified certified people to fill them with. By this I mean, not just having the certification, but understanding what it is actually about. Those who study dumps and clear, obviously do not make the cut in the interviews.

To know how many companies at a minimum need CEH's look up for the CERT-IN empanelled list.
Further, almost every large companies IT department has a infosec division, and they also prefer people who have certifications in hand.

Back