Budget 10-15K Any phone better than Redmi Note 3 under 15k? 20k?

mk76

Adept
Hello Friends,
Have thought of getting Redmi Note 3 for SO. The only thing I'm being skeptical about is its glass protection. For the same budget, I do not prefer moto G4 due to inferior processor and battery.

Is there any better phone under 15k , 20k budget?

Questions:-

1. Budget?
A: INR 10k-15k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 4.7"-5.5", IPS LCD/AMOLED, FHD and above

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android MM and above

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Daily driver for fluctuating airtel signals, mails and internet, camera

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Max Battery possible, Internal >32G

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Redmi Note 3

I get these questions a lot , so I would explain this now for all.
For the budget you mentioned (20k max):
There are two kinds of people

1. You want great camera , call quality and normal stuff.
My recommendation
Moto X Play
21MP Camera and Fast charger

2.Just want gaming performance and hard specs
My recommendation
Lenovo Zuk Z2 Plus

Note : I personally prefer Moto X Play , cause most people won't use those high end specs in the Z2 Plus.
If you use the links I gave above , it will be a lot of help to us as Amazon and Flipkart will give us commissions while your shopping experience will be the same , please use those links if you think this advice was worth thanking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why dont you consider imported LG G4 phone from ebay. available for around 15k. new manufactured ones dont carry the risk of bootloop. has removable storage and battery, one of the best camera of android phone and one of the best screens. redmi note 3 is shit in comparison.

Though LG G4 is great in camera department, it fares miserably in battery life. OP highlighted about max possible battery life. A 3000mAh battery to power QHD screen is not so great for battery.

RN3 except for the average camera just can not be replaced by other phones in this price range. Battery life, screen, built, speed and ample storage and RAM.. I wish they put Sony IMX sensor at least like mi4i..

Good choice mk76. I too done lot of mingling and finally got RN3. Pretty sure, u like it, even, camera not at all bad for routine snapshot. If u use photo app, it would be improve with your happiness. I can say all this as my daughter is very happy user from 3 months... Enjoy

Only drawback I saw so far is the slow updates and few bugs here and there.
Otherwise it is best hardware+software combo you can get in this price range.
Also, my battery runs for 2 days with above moderate usage. You will definitely not regret your decision....
For camera, I use the camera app that comes with MIUI(decent one) and office lens for snaps of paperwork.

Is the Moto g4 plus a good buy at 12599/- vs RN3 at 11549? (There's a cc cashback plus 1k discount offer on Moto phones on Amazon, RN3 is with Amazon pay cashback)

The Moto will get OS updates for another year probably. Not sure about the RN3. Plus Moto camera is better than RN3. RN3 has better battery and chipset compared to MG4plus.

Is the Moto g4 plus a good buy at 12599/- vs RN3 at 11549? (There's a cc cashback plus 1k discount offer on Moto phones on Amazon, RN3 is with Amazon pay cashback)

The Moto will get OS updates for another year probably. Not sure about the RN3. Plus Moto camera is better than RN3. RN3 has better battery and chipset compared to MG4plus.

I went for RN3 for better battery + chipset.

Why everybody goes with RN3?
There are many phones with stock android experience which have better upgrade path & more fluid as well.

Like Moto G4 Plus, Oneplus3.
It's cheapest and still has the best specs among the competition.
I have been using it with CM13 right from Day 1 without any issues, so even I get stock Android experience.

I despise chinese phones though Moto is also Chinese but Moto G, Z, X Series have stock android experience.

Which I like a lot.

Even Oneplus3 is a subsidiary of LeCo company which is a chinese brand.
Moto M using Mediatek processors just ruined Lenovo's image.

At least Moto G5 Plus Series which are to be released in May,2017 should come with Snapdragon processors.

If all future budget phones come with Mediatek processors, then Moto G Series is doomed like Moto M.

Not much Korean or European or American phones are being released for budget category.

So very few options left...

Back