Budget 10-15K Any phone better than Redmi Note 3 under 15k? 20k?

mk76

Adept
Hello Friends,
Have thought of getting Redmi Note 3 for SO. The only thing I'm being skeptical about is its glass protection. For the same budget, I do not prefer moto G4 due to inferior processor and battery.

Is there any better phone under 15k , 20k budget?

Questions:-

1. Budget?
A: INR 10k-15k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 4.7"-5.5", IPS LCD/AMOLED, FHD and above

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android MM and above

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Daily driver for fluctuating airtel signals, mails and internet, camera

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Max Battery possible, Internal >32G

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Redmi Note 3

Moto G4 Plus or Moto M which is better ? A Snapdragon Processor or a Mediatek processor ? Please suggest any other phone under 20k range.
Moto G4 plus is good when compared to Moto M. You can try Honor 6x which has better camera and build. Also, if you can wait then Redmi 4 is around the corner. Lenovo P2 is another phone you can look at with Amoled screen & massive battery :)

Moto G4 Plus or Moto M which is better ? A Snapdragon Processor or a Mediatek processor ? Please suggest any other phone under 20k range.
Wait for G5 Plus if you have 20k to spend. Outta those two I will go for G4 Plus, just for the sake of SD chipset. It has ElementalX too. If you don't know what I am saying you could go with Moto M too.

Don't buy any Huawei or Honor phones under 20k. None of them will get any updates. Even some of their high end phones are not updated. And almost all of them have Mediatek processors so don't expect any new roms on xda forums too.

Don't buy any Huawei or Honor phones under 20k. None of them will get any updates. Even some of their high end phones are not updated. And almost all of them have Mediatek processors so don't expect any new roms on xda forums too.
+1 to this. Got a Honor Holly 2 Plus or something. Phone is regularly lagging. Often what you type won't appear till some seconds later or won't at all. No software update.
The only good thing about it is its battery and camera is decent. Everything else about it is bad.

Suddenly the lenovo z2 plus is looking like a good deal at 13.5k (inclusive of all offers) right now?
Any actual users here? Please let us know the feedback..
The only thing stopping me is the sheer number of negative reviews on amazon..

Suddenly the lenovo z2 plus is looking like a good deal at 13.5k (inclusive of all offers) right now?
Any actual users here? Please let us know the feedback..
The only thing stopping me is the sheer number of negative reviews on amazon..
Great specs on paper but tons of users are facing one problem or the other. Not worth the risk.

I personally fan of Moto being smooth operation and robust handset. I never pause in between even while multitasking. If you are vfm user, I don't think anyone stands closer to Moto overall.

Only missing is the look and case body quality. Love Moto..... Single penny return guaranteed☺... Second impressive set is RN series.....

Now, cross fingering between Moto G5+ or RN4...

I personally fan of Moto being smooth operation and robust handset. I never pause in between even while multitasking. If you are vfm user, I don't think anyone stands closer to Moto overall.

Only missing is the look and case body quality. Love Moto..... Single penny return guaranteed☺... Second impressive set is RN series.....

Now, cross fingering between Moto G5+ or RN4...
Yes, wait for Moto G5+ or else RN4.
If they don't bring in that stupid Mediatek chipset then it's awesome with SD650 or 652 chipset.

So what to buy right now? around 15k~16k budget..

Main requirements :-
  1. dual sim
  2. 4g volte
Secondary requirements :-
  1. Decent camera with good low light capability
  2. Decent hardware capable of playing 1080p x265 videos smoothly
Can the snapdragon 617 chipset play the x265 videos?
Can anyone here with a snapdragon 617 chipset help me and confirm whether the mx player app on their phone allows to select the 'HW+' decoder???

Can the snapdragon 617 chipset play the x265 videos?
Can anyone here with a snapdragon 617 chipset help me and confirm whether the mx player app on their phone allows to select the 'HW+' decoder???

Hardware Support
Here’s a quick rundown of well-known hardware that includes dedicated HEVC decoding blocks, which definitely support efficient HEVC playback:

• Intel 6th-generation ‘Skylake’ Core processors or newer
  • AMD 6th-generation ‘Carizzo’ APUs or newer
  • AMD ‘Fiji’ GPUs (Radeon R9 Fury/Fury X/Nano) or newer
  • Nvidia GM206 GPUs (GeForce GTX 960/950) or newer
  • Other Nvidia GeForce GTX 900 series GPUs have partial HEVC hardware decoding support
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 805/615/410/208 SoCs or newer. Support ranges from 720p decoding on low-end parts to 4K playback on high-end parts.
  • Nvidia Tegra X1 SoCs or newer
  • Samsung Exynos 5 Octa 5430 SoCs or newer
  • Apple A8 SoCs or newer
  • Some MediaTek SoCs from mid-2014 onwards

Back