Any table tennis player here?

red dragon

Justiceforall
Skilled
I am playing ping pong for more than 20 years, stopped for couple of years after shifting to a new house. Now have enough space at basement with more than adequate height.
However I have only 2 decent rackets ( butterfly blades, joola and yasaka rubbers) and both need rubber replacement.
But couldn't find glue anywhere. Very few sports store are open and none of them have good rubber and no glue.
All they have are premade rackets ( those with terrible fast blades and super thick spongy rubbers)
Anybody knows of some good premade rackets available widely ( not with the carbon fibre only blades and relatively stiff rubbers at lest more than 45) ?

Couldn't you order the rubbers and glue online? Also, I remember, early on when we couldn't afford a good glue, we used to use Omni Glue which was just a good quality puncture repair rubber glue. It was cheap as hell. So maybe ask around a couple of cycle stores if they have some rubber glue. I doubt you will be able to find a good enough premade racket.

Nope, Amazon is still not delivering in this area. eBay does, but I highly doubt the quality of the product.
That's a very good idea, I do have few cycle stores around here.
Premade rackets are rubbish.

Finally received some decent joola rubbers ( backhand hardness 47, forehand 54, very difficult to get hard rubbers here, as softer rubber is more popular) and glue online.
Bought some premade crappy Stigas. Absolutely rubbish, the rubbers almost an inch thick, almost impossible to control even basic top spins away from the table.
No wonder most of the players ( half my age) are so bad here. Thankfully my wife is a decent player ( She spent few years in Sweden, TT is very popular there).

Back