Anybody using Airtel V-Fiber?

Hi,

Any using V-Fiber in Hyderabad? They have laid new underground Fiber cables in our locality. How good is it? The plans seem to be better than ACT. After speaking to their technical person, I understand that the telephone connection that you get with it cannot be split. So, basically you can have it connected to only one landline phone.

I have Airtel V-Fiber in Hyd and in 40 Mbps plan I get 29-32 Mbps max. Downtime is very rare and latency is decent.
Its connected through underground copper line in our community and I am not sure where it meets Fiber backbone.

I have Airtel V-Fiber in Hyd and in 40 Mbps plan I get 29-32 Mbps max. Downtime is very rare and latency is decent.
Its connected through underground copper line in our community and I am not sure where it meets Fiber backbone.

OK. Are you using the landline. If so, can you split that landline into two and connect to different landline phones? The tech guy I spoke to said that it is not possible to add a splitter to the landline output similar what we could do with the earlier Copper based landlines.

With VDSL, the speed you attain depends on the physical distance of your location from their exchange. If you are close to the exchange, you'll get better speeds.

Yes, but V-Fiber on VDSL2 drops to 20-30 Mbps if you are more than 150-200 meters from exchange. However Airtel is doing FTTH in many townships. Even in my township they offered FTTH with plans up to 300Mbps @ 2199/- per month.

Residents voted to bring in ACT first. Airtel will be on boarded 6 months later.
How many of them (ISP's) are usually allowed to install Fiber in the premises.

How long will that Fiber cabling will last? The Reason why i ask is ... One of my friend's Apartment (80+ Flats) fiber cabling is being replaced now, Their cabling was down in 2009 and they occupied in 2010. I believe Rcom provided the connection for initial few years and later BSNL provided them connection and after residents demand ACT did external wiring.

Now ACT and Airtel are the contenders even in their apts and even Jio approached them, Apartment Association wants to take all wiring internally. This is in Manikonda.

If you live in an apt you can't have isp of your choice ??
No .The ISP's allowed are decided by the association as cabling, etc has to be done for all flats so you can only select the ISP who have their setup in place already.

Airtel folks are adding FTTH connections to my apartment complex (no more shitty VDSL) and the upgrade request had to be approved by the estate manager and the association.

Shaft wring is done by builder In our case, they laid CAT 6 cables. Fiber optic wiring from outside to communication room and till shaft is done by vendor. Switching from vendor to another is just removing CAT 6 cable from the equipment of old vendor and plugging it into new vendor's switches. This works for ACT since they only use Fiber till shaft and and last link is UTP. AIrtel's plan was to install Optic fiber till flat which will all be internal.

Either cabling will last quite a while if maintained properly. External wiring is messy in apartments.

Ideally all Internal infrastructure should be built by builder and handed over to association.

TRAI is planning to bring in regulations in this regard.

https://www.trai.gov.in/sites/default/files/Recommendation_20_01_2017.pdf

upload_2018-4-14_12-31-42.png

Back