Health & Fitness Anyone facing sleeping problems?

Yep i only fall asleep when its time to wake and then barely get an hour or 2 sleep. I too drink water in sips whenever i wake up out of nowhere and also sleep with water bottle aside my bed.
Lastly its all about anxiety shit as well which kicks in as to when you will sleep and all.

Don't use your phones after 10pm guys. Do this for a month and see how effective it is. Good sleep at night>internet. Next you know you will doze off by 11-12am and wake up at 5-6. 5 hrs of good sleep is enough for adults.
It's a struggle but it's a cause worth struggling for.
I also know of one sleeping med, Avomin. I used to feel sick during long journeys by bus so i often took 1-2 tab. I still do when I'm on a long journey but this time only 1 is also enough. But don't take this too often or you might only get addicted to it. You've been warned. I won't be responsible for any consequences.

i had the same issue.. irregular sleeping pattern.. sleeping at 4-5 am, waking up at 11-12. then again 4pm to 6pm.. it was then when i was not working.. a homeopathic medicine Alpha-TS worked for me. It is for Tension & Stress, but helped me a lot.

i had the same issue.. irregular sleeping pattern.. sleeping at 4-5 am, waking up at 11-12. then again 4pm to 6pm.. it was then when i was not working.. a homeopathic medicine Alpha-TS worked for me. It is for Tension & Stress, but helped me a lot.
For insomniacs will this medicine help fall asleep and get sound sleep?

PSA

Err, this is not about anyone's beliefs etc. but plain ole medical science.

Homeopathy is not medicine. Any effects due to taking it is either placebo effect or adulteration with other active substances.

PSA

Homeopathy is not medicine. Any effects due to taking it is either placebo effect or adulteration with other active substances.
It may or may not be a medicine is another debate and we arent discussing it here.
But if anything is doing the job thats whats matters practically.
In todays world if anything is giving you a good nights sleep it is very commendable. Then be it any medicine, relationship, hobby, job etc.

PSA

it totally depends on beliefs.. i believe, allopathy is unable to cure any disease. all it does is, management.

loosing weight helped me sleep better. I guess it is because of lowering resting heart rate. so I would say "hike hike hike". also, homeopathy is fake medicine, "homeopathy doctors" should be jailed.

My diet is very low because I work in night shifts since past 15 years call centre. so daily I have lunch and dinner at home. Then in office 1 plate or doubleburji pav + 1 sevpuri + 1 apple milkshake or 2 pizza's + 1 ragda pattice + 1 mangomilkshake or 1 pizza + 1 plate bajiya + 1 banana milshake or 2 plate idlis + 2 masala dosa + 1 chai or 10 boiled eggs + 3 plate pani puri.

I am on special dieting so eat only this much

My diet is very low because I work in night shifts since past 15 years call centre. so daily I have lunch and dinner at home. Then in office 1 plate or doubleburji pav + 1 sevpuri + 1 apple milkshake or 2 pizza's + 1 ragda pattice + 1 mangomilkshake or 1 pizza + 1 plate bajiya + 1 banana milshake or 2 plate idlis + 2 masala dosa + 1 chai or 10 boiled eggs + 3 plate pani puri.

that's low diet... for good sleep, you should increase it to double ;)

15 years in night shift? Seriously you need to move out now. Your brain makes a chemical called melatonin which is produced only in the night that makes you to sleep. This is not produced in daylight and you will never be able to sleep properly in daytime. Also there is a possibility of Alzheimer's / dementia setting in due to the disruption of body clock.

I have difficulty in sleeping probably due to something called "restless legs syndrome" . my legs and arms have this constant constricting cramping'ish feeling almost all the goddamn time. Makes sleeping very difficult. In childhood the blasted homo-pathetic 'doctor' just kept saying "growing pains" ..

It was so much better for years. now back with a vengeance...:(
Day before yesterday I slept 8 hours continuously. This was the longest continuous sleep I had in 4-5 months.

jaagte raho

my legs and arms have this constant constricting cramping'ish feeling almost all the goddamn time. Makes sleeping very difficult. In childhood the blasted homo-pathetic 'doctor' just kept saying "growing pains" ..

are you sure its restless legs syndrome or what its called? when i had cramps at night in my legs specially during summer time, my uncle told me its due to loss of vitamins in diet. So i started eating fresh fruit and leafy green vegetables like spinach, beans etc. No cramps from past few years. Sometimes it does come in evenings and I drink 1-2 glasses of Orange Tang (sugar laden drink with bunch of vitamins in it) and the pain goes away after an hour.

are you sure its restless legs syndrome or what its called? when i had cramps at night in my legs specially during summer time, my uncle told me its due to loss of vitamins in diet. So i started eating fresh fruit and leafy green vegetables like spinach, beans etc. No cramps from past few years. Sometimes it does come in evenings and I drink 1-2 glasses of Orange Tang (sugar laden drink with bunch of vitamins in it) and the pain goes away after an hour.
Most probably vitamin D deficiency. Many who work in night shifts never get to see the sunlight during daytime. Vitamin D deficiency leads to severe fatigue and tiredness and needs to be treated with supplements

cramps are usually caused by dehydration and loss of salts. used to happen to me regularly on hikes until I started drinking a lot of water coupled with some gatorade. if this is happening all the time to you, then you should start thinking about keeping yourself hydrated. keep an eye on how much you are sweating.

are you sure its restless legs syndrome or what its called? when i had cramps
maybe I should not have used the words cramp'ish. Because its not really 'cramps' its more like a constricting feeling that gets better by massage, rollers, stretching, exercise etc.. Funny story, but this is the reason why I started doing push ups daily to sleep way back in college. Everybody used to be like.. "yaar kya kar raha ? body bana raha hai . Dekh chest kaisa nikal aaya hai" lol

I have self diagnosed, so No, can't be sure at all if it is indeed restless legs syndrome. Tried many doctors ..

Last edited:
Back