Anyone got Windows 10 Anniversary Update yet?

I have been waiting for the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, and haven't got it till now. I did get cumulative update for version 1511 though, day before yesterday.

People in US have been getting it. I think it will be a while before we start getting here in India?

They will be rolling out slowly, so might have to wait for sometime. Don't know till when.

I did use the Media Creation Tool and created the ISO for Windows 10 Anniversary Update, but I don't want to update via ISO. Would rather do it via Windows update itself.

I already got it on my laptop. I had been redirected to use this tool. Link: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445

That's good. But, I would rather wait for the update to show up in Windows updates.

Have the update since day 1. It showed up in windows update.

Day 1! Lucky you :D. I hope your experience with Windows 10 AU has been good, and you didn't face any problems with the update.

Try downloading the update tool by clicking "update now" button here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I am aware of this, but, as I said, I would prefer to update it via Windows update.

Oh okay. I wonder why you were redirected to use that tool. I think the tool is Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant. It must have downloaded Windows 10 for you when you ran it.[DOUBLEPOST=1470994166][/DOUBLEPOST]Let me ask another question. Anyone who hasn't received the update yet, and are waiting like me? :D

Last edited:
Oh okay. I wonder why you were redirected to use that tool. I think the tool is Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant. It must have downloaded Windows 10 for you when you ran it.[DOUBLEPOST=1470994166][/DOUBLEPOST]Let me ask another question. Anyone who hasn't received the update yet, and are waiting like me? :D

I have not recd the update yet, presently down loading from link given by Vishalrao.

Let me ask another question. Anyone who hasn't received the update yet, and are waiting like me? :D

I didn't receive the update yet. I deferred updates in Windows settings. I'm not waiting for it though. Read a lot of things going south for people who got this anniversary version on Reddit.

Even I have it from Day 1, the damn thing reset a few of my preferences - Eg: devices which can bring your computer out of sleep etc. Haven't used Cortana even once, the new extended start bar is annoying.
No stability issues though, no crashes, no sudden restarts.

I read somewhere that this update installs jewelcrush or candycrush or some games again along with other applications. Is this true?

I have been waiting for the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, and haven't got it till now. I did get cumulative update for version 1511 though, day before yesterday.

People in US have been getting it. I think it will be a while before we start getting here in India?

They will be rolling out slowly, so might have to wait for sometime. Don't know till when.

I did use the Media Creation Tool and created the ISO for Windows 10 Anniversary Update, but I don't want to update via ISO. Would rather do it via Windows update itself.
oFhe2nh.png

Got it. Nothing I use on a day to day basis has changed much. Let me know if you want me to look for anything Specific.

I didn't receive the update yet. I deferred updates in Windows settings. I'm not waiting for it though. Read a lot of things going south for people who got this anniversary version on Reddit.

Yes, that's true. For many people, there have been no problems with the update. But, for many others, there have been many problems like intermittent restarts, hangups, etc.

There have been suggestions that maybe because of these issues, the roll out might be slow.

I read somewhere that this update installs jewelcrush or candycrush or some games again along with other applications. Is this true?

Cannot say about this update, as I haven't got it yet, nor have I seen it for my relatives. But yes, for updates before this, I saw on my cousin's laptop, that Candy Crush was automatically installed after updating from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, apart from other apps which I don't remember.[DOUBLEPOST=1471782654][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks for the replies guys. It's good that many of you have got the update, and it's also good to know that the updates have been without issues.

I still haven't got the update yet.

Those of you who have received the Windows 10 Anniversary Update... how old are your machines?

I came across this article today, and as per the article, it seems that newer machines will receive the update earlier than others. Someone on another forum was also guessing that this might be the case. His son has two machines.. the newer laptop received the update early, whereas the desktop which is an old machine hasn't got the update yet.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/when-will-your-pc-get-the-windows-10-anniversary-update/

The mentioned point in the article is in the first paragraph under the heading "Waiting for Windows Update".

My desktop is more than 3 years old.

Back