Anyone here (or your wife, mom) using Instant Pot for Indian Cooking ?

Discussion in 'Consumer Electronics' started by raksrules, Nov 20, 2018.

1. adventureguy

adventureguy Well-Known Member
    Veteran

link to your crock pot? Ive tried buying it in india but not sure about buying local step down transformers

2. superczar

superczar Well-Known Member
    Veteran

3. adventureguy

Veteran

yup. I couldn't find crockpot replacements in india. tried using regular electric rice cooker and it didnt do well. however I have to try these electric pressure cookers tho

4. blr_p

blr_p Well-Known Member
    Veteran

the ones i've seen abroad have the pot made out of porcelain. With timers so set it in the morning and its done by the time you get back.

Most amazing results

5. blr_p

blr_p Well-Known Member
    Veteran

The one we have is an old one brought back from abroad. Made in England. So i think it used a slightly thicker gasket than the ones sold here. That is the only way i can think these gaskets lose their seal.

I don't think these are fakes, sold in household goods stores with the prestige stickers

6. adventureguy

Veteran

exactly. and since you're not frying stuff, most of the nutritional content in vegetables is still intact.and its tasty. my friends chuck in vegetables meat and curry cubes in the night and wake up to delicious chili in the morning

7. adventureguy

Veteran

Im thinking of buying the preeti one so I called local preeti service center near me mentioned on their website and they said they will arrange for parts within one day if anything goes wrong with electric cooker. so thats encouraging.

Im thinking of buying the preeti one or croma branded one

8. Julian

Julian om nom nom
    Veteran

Most croma branded products seem to be of especially poor quality, not even worth the lower prices they're selling at. Dunno if anyone has had a good experience with croma branded stuff...

9. adventureguy

Veteran

^ alright, imma go with preeti one.