anyone here owns a Bosch refrigerator?

I am planning to buy a new refrigerator, still unsure about which one to buy but Bosch seems like an interesting option since their products are made in Germany. anyone here owns one and could share their experience?

A friend of mine owns one. However, he has issues when there is overvoltage issues as the power board gets fried. Stays in Navi Mumbai.

I am planning to buy a new refrigerator, still unsure about which one to buy but Bosch seems like an interesting option since their products are made in Germany. anyone here owns one and could share their experience?
Would like to correct that everything is not Germany made .
Bought yesterday . Dont remmeber the model numbers . All were the top models available in Bosch . I myself selected them from website .
Hedge Trimmer AHS 6000 Pro
Cordless shrubshear --Made in Hungraray
Chainsaw-- Made in china
Grass Trimmer

Can check others if you want for manufacturer country.

Bosch fridges are mostly manufactured in Turkey. However most of them are really very good. If you want a guaranteed made in germany refrigerator, the only option is Miele. However the cost is astronomical.

I had looked at bosch while buying my fridge - they are very well made. However they either are too small or have really heavy big doors. There are no SBS or French Door type fridges.

yes you are right chaos, i just got back from the shop, the fridge which is around 450l had the sticker "made in turkey". the one i want is in 358L and priced at 34,000. it didnt have written where its made on its sticker. most probably turkey since its almost identical to its bigger variant.. i think i will go with samsung or lg if bosch is not made in germany.

yes you are right chaos, i just got back from the shop, the fridge which is around 450l had the sticker "made in turkey". the one i want is in 358L and priced at 34,000. it didnt have written where its made on its sticker. most probably turkey since its almost identical to its bigger variant.. i think i will go with samsung or lg if bosch is not made in germany.

I'd rather buy the Bosch/Panasonic/Hitachi/Sharp over LG/Samsung any day.

Would like to correct that everything is not Germany made .
Bought yesterday . Dont remmeber the model numbers . All were the top models available in Bosch . I myself selected them from website .
Hedge Trimmer AHS 6000 Pro
Cordless shrubshear --Made in Hungraray
Chainsaw-- Made in china
Grass Trimmer

Can check others if you want for manufacturer country.

goodness what did you buy these things for? the Indian chainsaw massacre? /jk

I haven't seen Bosch refrigerators yet in flesh,but if you want a well made refrigerator get the hitachi or sharp.If you want something cheaper get the panasonic.But the problem with all these companies is the unknown A.S.S, i own a panasonic i am not pleased with their A.S.S,when i got a refrigerator with a broken handle right out of the box,they eventually replaced the door after a month or so.
Samsung 400litre range models which cost around 45k or more are quite good and are much better built then the cheaper models.

Hitachi,samsung,panasonic are all made in Thailand.

Bosch's 365 L model is 33,800, its 100L more than what we need but i am leaning towards it. As much as I love sharp products I am not keen on sharp's refrigerator, if i remember it right there was big recall of sharp refrigerators a few years back as a few of their models were catching fire.

Aren't Bosch and Siemens from the same company ? I have had a Siemens refrigerator for about 10 years now, the PCB had to be replaced Twice in this period, I live in Mumbai.

I also have a National in my Chennai home, and touch wood 25+ years, no problems, the body has started rusting now, it has outlived two other refrigerators purchased subsequent to it.

Yep the home appliances business of Bosch and Siemens is exactly the same - the very same models made in the very same plant with two different badges :p.

Aren't Bosch and Siemens from the same company ? I have had a Siemens refrigerator for about 10 years now, the PCB had to be replaced Twice in this period, I live in Mumbai.

I also have a National in my Chennai home, and touch wood 25+ years, no problems, the body has started rusting now, it has outlived two other refrigerators purchased subsequent to it.

I had first washing machine from national.Just for sake of changing we sold it and the person who bought it is saying his old washing machine which he bought new never was trouble free whereas mine old national works makhan and he is not sure why i sold this gem.

ANyways how is siemens after sales service.I mean if parts gets damaged is it exorbitant to repair?

Back