Monitors Anyone knows if my GPU is about to die or what?

So today I was working on Unreal and while working it got crashed and the whole screen went blank.
After few seconds when it came back, it had these random patches that come and go on different locations and time.
Did Unreal damage my GPU?
I tried upgrading the driver but still see these patches that come and go and sometimes the monitor goes full blank and comes back after few seconds
31a72750-8938-45eb-b2f5-3178fe005549.jpg

just delete/complete uninstall the drivers from you PC, let it run on windows default driver and install a version of driver from the time you bought this card. ( not the latest driver).

if nvidia card, you should be worried. if not right now, this is beginning of the end :(

Last edited:
So today I was working on Unreal and while working it got crashed and the whole screen went blank.
After few seconds when it came back, it had these random patches that come and go on different locations and time.
Did Unreal damage my GPU?
I tried upgrading the driver but still see these patches that come and go and sometimes the monitor goes full blank and comes back after few seconds
View attachment 74699
This is because of the driver crash.
Reinstall the latest version of the drivers.Also delete all the previous setup files in case you have used EXPRESS INSTALLER for drivers previously.

Monitor going blank for few seconds is common if you on hdmi. Recently i shifted from vga and dvi to hdmi and randomly m facing these blank screens.
Thankfully it doesnt occur while gaming but just when working on desktop. Refresh rate too is at default 60hz. Nvidia says its driver issue and day by day nvidia drivers are sucking.

Read this latest issue...
https://www.kitguru.net/components/...rivers-are-causing-issues-for-gtx-1060-users/

I had similar issues on my old HD 5570 and after trying almost every possible solution online the conclusion was the card was on its death bed.. :(
Your case seems to be the same I'm afraid..

Back