Anyone linked Aadhar no to PAN no?

6pack

ex-Mod
In the link page they have said name should be same in both the cards.

I looked at my PAN card and it has my name plus surname on to and father's name plus surname below it.

In Aadhar card it's my name with father's name and surname.

So does it match or not? I have to do Aadhar linking with otp?

What will be the effects of my pan card is cancelled? I'll have to get a new card and link it to aadhar and update new card every where? How would we know if the card is cancelled? IT won't tell us I guess?

I have linked my PAN and Aadhaar details right now. Thanks for this post. Btw is there any method to change my mobile no. on Aadhaar? I have closed the old SIM because it was a postpaid one and have no buttons to change my mobile no. remotely without OTP on old SIM

MY aadhar was generated about 30 days back and i have the number with me...however whenever i try to use it for bank/pan link etc. it always shows "Invalid Aadhar Number" error...i have called their helpline and also tried submitting my biometrics again but face same error....any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated...i am royally pissed with this arbitrary forced new document but being an indian i do what i have to do :(

The SC has stayed the order so i don't think anything will happen until a proper judgement is completed

I tried few days back and it got back to me saying server down or something, never tried again.

Recently filed an IT, It was accepted without aadhar. However CA told its mandatory from July 1st to mention aadhar in filing and to link aadhar to pan.

It has been made mandatory ? because i have not done till now

waiting to see what happens if I don't link them.

The SC has stayed the order so i don't think anything will happen until a proper judgement is completed

The 'Supreme' (not really, the govt. owns them) court has said that those without an aadhaar can use their PANs as is. But those who already have an aadhaar MUST link it to their PAN. Also, anyone applying for a PAN from 1st July must provide an aadhaar no. or an aadhaar enrollment number. When we thought the Supreme Court is the last hope for upholding they constitution, they go ahead and slap the other cheek...

Income tax website is giving error saying UIDAI is not working. I tried the SMS method and it worked (registered number with Aadhar).
Received acknowledgement when done via SMS

SMS linking method from Cleartax
Code:
Now you can link your Aadhaar and PAN through SMS also. The Income Tax Department has urged taxpayers to link their Aadhaar with their PAN, using an SMS-based facility.It can be done by sending an SMS to either 567678 or 56161.

Send SMS to 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number in following format:

UIDPAN<SPACE><12 digit Aadhaar><Space><10 digit PAN>

Example: UIDPAN 123456789123 AKPLM2124M

Its not Mandatory as of now, I did link mine from Income-tax website itself ; no errors

read the supreme court ruling carefully, if you already have an aadhaar, linking is mandatory. Only those without an aadhaar can use their PAN as is.

Yeah I know about the order, I actually meant This.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/aadhaar-pan-card-linking-income-tax-return-july-1-4727708/
the Mad rush to Link them before July 1st is uncalled for. There's no obvious Deadline.

Aah, ok. No deadline as such.

What will happen if it does not link due to some error ? Will the PAN card do invalid ?

I know tons of people who've had difficulty linking due to various errors. Most common are mismatched details. I believe this is because, the govt. in its frenzy to get everyone on aadhaar has very relaxed KYC requirements for it. Basically people can give any crap info and get the aadhaar. What they really want is to link the unique number to your photo and more importantly, your biometrics. Details like name, age, address etc. don't really matter. But when some requirement like this linking to PAN comes up, the hastily/incorrectly/fraudulently submitted information becomes a huge issue.

Just linked the two and it happened.
In the name of digital, I am surprised there is no manual process like filling a hard copy form to link the two at banks or post office or something.

I have linked my PAN and Aadhaar details right now. Thanks for this post. Btw is there any method to change my mobile no. on Aadhaar? I have closed the old SIM because it was a postpaid one and have no buttons to change my mobile no. remotely without OTP on old SIM

Same problem here.

Back