Anyone ordered something from Aliexpress since the plague started?

I wanna get a couple of things. Will be using EMS shipping which is pretty expensive but I am hoping they will deliver.

Anyone ordered something recently? Did you guys have problems?

everything in AE now shows under 'Can't Deliver To India' - So there is no more Personal Chinese Import.

Nope. Almost everything I am looking at is being delivered. Just not the cheap free delivery that used to be there. You gotta pay a fair bit 20-40 USD on most items though.

Yes.. Bought 3 items, Paid insane amounts in shipping and there has been no update on the tracking numbers in last 1.5 months. I have tried asking them about the current location of package but they dont know and they are asking me to wait. I'll just wait until 60 days are over and get a refund. :/

Nope. Almost everything I am looking at is being delivered. Just not the cheap free delivery that used to be there. You gotta pay a fair bit 20-40 USD on most items though.
I wanted to order few stuff but the product price is under 1k and shipping is a whooping 3-4k. BS!

Last edited:
Exactly, shipping costs are killing it presently. I need to order some straps for my watches but unable to do so.

That and I wanted to pick up a watch.

Straps will just have to wait. Makes no sense paying 2k shipping for a 700-800 strap.

But I am ok paying ~2k shipping for a 7k watch that I want. Especially if its through a decent courier like EMS.

Problem is I am worried that it just wont clear customs in the current environment.

Stopped ordering since Feb.
I was receiving news of China outbreak Since Dec last week.
(First listened about it on BBC world radio, about 2019-Christmas)

Had ordered some cherry mx red switches to replace the ones on my keyboard. Had ordered in last week of december, shipped via china post. Got delivered in last week of Jan when the news reports were saying that it was now spreading outside China. Didn't order anything after that.

That and I wanted to pick up a watch.

Straps will just have to wait. Makes no sense paying 2k shipping for a 700-800 strap.

But I am ok paying ~2k shipping for a 7k watch that I want. Especially if its through a decent courier like EMS.

Problem is I am worried that it just wont clear customs in the current environment.
Good luck with your watch getting released form customs esp. when its coming from china...better invest your 9k in India or kiss goodbye assuming a donation to china.

I have been waiting for 3 items I ordered over a month now. Country of origin changed to Mayasia :) in the consignment tracking India Post site. I hope it works in my favor.

Same here at Czech Republic, lost at least 4 small packages ( can not even track them)
We don't even have Amazon here. So it's basically eBay only for now and the sellers there are taking full advantage.
I can not even find a short aux cable to connect a portable amp to an old DAP.

Good ol days are gone seems for long or forever....India cutitng ties Japan too joining US too and others might follow... Chinas future not so good thought too early to predict.

Good ol days are gone seems for long or forever....India cutitng ties Japan too joining US too and others might follow... Chinas future not so good thought too early to predict.

I don't believe govts can ignore business decisions.
Just a matter of time, things will return to max-profit levels again, that is, Chinese production lines.

I don't believe govts can ignore business decisions.
Just a matter of time, things will return to max-profit levels again, that is, Chinese production lines.
That still depends when China moves back from occupied territories. Untill status quo prior to April is realised, GoI will continue this or some major breakthrough is realised in those Indo-China talks.
Post automatically merged:

Just a heads-up for those thinking of ordering from AliExpress..

AliExpress also on the radar among others. Whether action will be taken or not depends on the situation and how much India can armtwist China.

Last edited:
Back