Anyone still using the classic iPhone 2G :D

Vince

Boogie-Man
Skilled
Anyone still using an iPhone 2G a.k.a First Gen?
<

Stopped using it around mid-2010 when i got my 3GS.

Last week when I needed an extra phone (and was *surprise surprise* looking for a 4S), I decided to show some fiscal restraint, and resurrected my 2G with a soul (i.e., SIM card) after 2 years. It still kicks a$$.

A few leaky pixels aside, its great.

I thought the battery wouldn't be good after being in storage, so bought a spare 2G battery.. but the old battery is still chugging along.

Even got this firmware upgrade which provides for multitasking.

Anyone still using your 2Gs? Else.. what have you done to it
<

I had 2G in 07. Used it for 1.5 years. Bought it for 16K frm US and sold it for 15K even after 1.5 years. Best resale i got ever on mobile phone.
<

I have 2G but not using it anymore.Battery still holds charge for about a day.

I liked 2G's aluminum back compared to plastic back of 3G and 3GS.

Have you heard about WhiteD00r? Haven't tried it personally but it sounds pretty awesome! Imagine iOS 5.0 on your iPhone 2G
<

Yep, almost tried the latest one, but am happy with the iOS 3.1.3 by Whited00r. Its really cool, with folders and multi-tasking available.
<

Using the 3G for almost 3+ years now. On iOS 3.1.2.
<

Sucks I know. Will be switching to a better device later this year.

I have 2G but not using it anymore.Battery still holds charge for about a day.

I liked 2G's aluminum back compared to plastic back of 3G and 3GS.

I have an android phone. My phone holds charge for a day since I bought it.
<
)

Can you tell me the battery life of 3GS since you own one
<

My frIend still using it & it is perfect.

Can iPhone 2G used as a modem or USB tethering is possible ? Cos my friend wants to use net in Lappie by iPhone

I too still use 2G iPhone, bought it around late 2007. Stopped using around 2 yrs back when bought Samsung wave, start using again 6 m back when got another new connection and it still works fine giving 4-5 battery on minimal use....

i remember that when it came out, i was drooling all over it but just couldn't afford it......so went with HTC touch 3g.

Finally got a 4s recently. loving the iphone....

I had it in 2007-08.. Purchased it for around 16k from USA and sold it locally for 23k after using it for over an year
<

I still have mine with me. Not using it per se, but it's working and sometimes gets used as backup phone or "extra" phone while out-station.

Still have one since 2008

Its a beast,i like the build quality of it

The silver back is stunning with apple logo on the back..

Old days on the Iphone history...

Just watched the video on youtube Sir Steve Jobs Holding the Phone in his Hands and showing it to the world..

Salute to the master...

Always in the heart R.I,P Steve Sir

I have both the first iphone and the iphone 4.. one thing that is really good about the first iphone is it's wifi network strength.. At places in my house where my iphone 4 will not connect to my home wifi, iphone 2g will show full network strength. The battery life is good even after 4 years of usage.

^^My iphone's wifi has conked out
<

Works only by the "freeze" effect.. i.e., placing it in a cold environment.

I have given 2G to my wifi last year to get the iPhone4, its still working alright minus the camera. The shutter never opens
<

Also have put a custom ROM in it, Whited00r.

Back