anyone tried amazon exchange on laptop?

I have a 7 year old Hp i5 in working condition. What all does amazon check as on the portal its showing il get a good 7k off which is okay for a 2nd gen i5 laptop

upload_2018-9-17_12-59-37.png

This old laptop should fetch more through olx if you have more patience, just in case you havent disposed off yet.

Btw, what are complete specs of the laptop?

Olx buyers act idotic at times. They will trouble you after few days stating laptop is too slow, battery discharges too fast, heating issues etc.
Those brainless bastards dont understand that its a used item and no point in calling after days. Its a gamble altogether.
So i think it is better to sell off on fk or amazon even though you getting a k or 2 less. Or best sell here on Te where at least we have logical users.

This old laptop should fetch more through olx if you have more patience, just in case you havent disposed off yet.

Btw, what are complete specs of the laptop?
Its a very old hp laptop. Core i5 2nd gen, 320 gb, 4gb ram, 15 inch, win 7. I also need to fix screen flicker as a individual buyer will check proper as it flickers sometimes. Battery also hardly much.

^ as screen flickering can't be fixed easily,
perhaps its better to go for that online exchange offer (though it is less than expectation)

Its a very old hp laptop. Core i5 2nd gen, 320 gb, 4gb ram, 15 inch, win 7. I also need to fix screen flicker as a individual buyer will check proper as it flickers sometimes. Battery also hardly much.
I got 7.5K for a HP ProBook i5 with 4GB/320GB, almost 8 year old from Cashify, that too after the technician found a minor crack in the panel around the display. He spent a good 45 min checking it, initial quote was 8K started haggling from 6.5K as soon as he found the crack, I said final is 7.5 if you don't want it then get lost and he relented. If you have time on hand give it a try if the technician quotes lower than your expected price just refuse it, normally they don't want to waste their travel time and cost too. If it doesn't work out all you lose is 1 hour of your time, and I think Amazon would also send some technician to check it.

I got 7.5K for a HP ProBook i5 with 4GB/320GB, almost 8 year old from Cashify, that too after the technician found a minor crack in the panel around the display. He spent a good 45 min checking it, initial quote was 8K started haggling from 6.5K as soon as he found the crack, I said final is 7.5 if you don't want it then get lost and he relented. If you have time on hand give it a try if the technician quotes lower than your expected price just refuse it, normally they don't want to waste their travel time and cost too. If it doesn't work out all you lose is 1 hour of your time, and I think Amazon would also send some technician to check it.
Amazon dint send a technician. Else there was no way that laptop would have sold for 5100k something.

Olx buyers act idotic at times. They will trouble you after few days stating laptop is too slow, battery discharges too fast, heating issues etc.
Those brainless bastards dont understand that its a used item and no point in calling after days. Its a gamble altogether.
So i think it is better to sell off on fk or amazon even though you getting a k or 2 less. Or best sell here on Te where at least we have logical users.

Or screw up the product themselves and want the money back after a few days. There was a guy on these very forums who opened up a phone bought from another member to check about some speaker issue, screwed it up and then demanded that the seller take back the product and give his money back.

Unless the product is 1 or 2 years old and in mint condition, exchange on Amazon is better than reselling on other platforms even if it means less value. The head aches that you don't have to incur is well worth it.

I have recently exchanged an old laptop in FK - a Dell Latitude i5 2nd gen, for 8K.
It was bought from Olx an year ago, for 10K. It had problem from the beginning - a bad decision from my side.
But since it wasn't much used, I had kept it. But recently when I started using it, I knew that it's days were numbered.
During some sale, early this year, exchange value was showing around 12K :D ;) - but later it got dropped to 6/7K. During last sale, I saw 8K and took the deal.

The machine was repaired before I bought, power button has gone a bit inside. Hard drive makes clicking some on high I/O.
Also, the machine doesn't boot up everytime it's power button is pressed. Need to try quite a few times - and all this occurs randomly.
CD drive cover was broken, I had put a hdd caddy in that.
Screen & battery was good though.

On the day of the exchange, I had kept the machine on since morning. :) (And hoped they wouldn't ask for a restart.)
The person came for exchange, checked for external damages. One small red button present in mid of keyboard, which is used to move the mouse cursor - was missing. He had called his supervisor - and that was considered.
He had some checklist in his mobile, which he was checking point by point. Taking photos few times.
One point was pressing Win+R and execute some command. (msinfo or something - to check processor details)
But I had booted the machine in Ubuntu and he didn't have similar command for Linux in his checklist. I googled and saw similar command. He was convinced.
Few here and there, and he was okay with it.
I am not sure if they would be able to boot the machine without repairing it before.

(Anybody buying Dell Latitude 14" from 2gud, beware of it !!! :D :p )

Back