Laptops Anyone tried HCL MiLeap V Series?

Safin

Skilled
I was looking for Asus EEE PC (although we now do hear that Asus is coming with the tablet version of that) and stumbled upon this HCL model: HCL MiLeap X & V Series | Ultraportable Notebook (HCL MiLeap Vseries ultraportable Tablet)

2lvjtqg.png

* Intel Processor A110 @ 800 MHz,

* Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium

* Anti Virus for 12 months,

* Microsoft Works Office Suite,

* Intel 945GU Express Chipset,

* 1x1GB DDR2,

* 7" (17.7 cm) Wide (1024x600) LED Back Light w/z Touch Screen Panel,

* Swivel, Integrated WebCamera (1.3 MP),

* 2 Integrated Speakers,

* 80GB Hard Disk Drive,

* VGA Out,

* DC-IN,

* Headphone, Mic-in, Built-in Mic,

* RJ-45, SD Card Slot, Lan Port,

* 2xUSB ver 2.0,

* On-Screen Launch Buttons,

* WiFi,

* RJ-45,

* BlueTooth,

* Stylus Pen,

* 3 Cells with 3 Hrs Idle Condition,

* Weight 980 grams,

* Sleek Pouch,

* 1 Year Bring In Warranty @ HCL Service Center

I tried the demo and its quite stunning to say the least, works pretty well with the stylus, and the system atleast in the few minutes i tried, was very responsive(that running windows vista, thats preloaded on 800Mhz is something :lol:)

Some of the reviews {1} {2} i read point out that its battery life sucks(2 hours) while others complain about inability to multitask(which is a bit unfair)

Anyone here tried this model? Any opinions? (The quoted price for this was 27K)

it's a rebadged Kojinsha which is a fairly renowned UMPC maker from Japan (or perhaps Korean)

I played arnd with it once and the build quality and overall experience is far superior to the cut-price netbooks

I used to sell this until recently. They are quite sturdy n responsive. Plus the screen is pretty decent too. Except for the screen size. 7" aint much for a mobile PC, but for the features packed in and spec it offers, its pretty good value for money. Not to mention it wins in looks too.

If u get it loaded with Vista business u may as well downgrade it to XP Tablet PC edition. Not that it matters, but its nice to have options.

All in all, a very nice piece of gadget to carry around. Worth 27k if u r getting it preloaded with Vista ;)

^^Masky, hows the main hinge of this thing? I didn't get a good look at that but i hope thats sturdy enough?

I was thinking of xp tablet edition myself. Vista on this wouldn't allow for much(although am still impressed by what all it did allow and the speed of the thing :lol:)

7inch is a bit of a toy though :lol: But heck its a nice toy :rofl:

Safin said:
^^Masky, hows the main hinge of this thing? I didn't get a good look at that but i hope thats sturdy enough?
suffice to say just one demo unit has survived 4 months of everyday demos across 2 different states :p

the build quality is very good, the hinge is sturdy.. the fit n finish is also good .. :hap2:

Back