Anyone using Mach 1 Broadband?

Samu

Recruit
Hi guys,

I live near Ghodbunder Road, Thane. Recently i heard about Mach 1 broadband. Heard they have some pretty amazing plans with high speed for a very low price. Checked their website (http://mach1broadband.com/) but could not find any details about coverage. I could not find any reviews on the internet too. Seeing their amazing plans ( 20mbps no FUP Rs900 pm :openmouth:) i want to switch. So i would like to know if anyone is using this ISP. Any other extra details are also welcome.

10339213_797835500261988_7880346175116316549_o.jpg
Clever way of promoting a New ISP. Nice lucrative plans

Btw,OP has just joined forum to create a thread about a New Isp.

Last edited:
I had inquired with them over the phone. The plans almost seem too good to be true! I am already subscribed to my ISP till this year end. If Mach1 is still in service at the time, I plan on trying their connection out for a month and then make a decision.

Yeah @swatkats and @paraman these plans look too good to be true. That is why i posted here to see if anyone is using them.

On checking their facebook page, i saw these guys are claiming they have started free wifi service near Mulund east area. Have yet to see any confirmation of that other than a picture in their facebook page.

i also stay off G.B. road. AFAIR, i had called up Intech BB some years back, and at that time, i was informed that they don't have a service at G.B. road areas (they are based in Thane East), and would start sometime in future. so now i learn that they have started this 'Mach 1' service here. i have been using MTNL TB since years now; overall very satisfied by it. check on BB forum if there's any feedback on M1, if you haven't yet. i would also check, and would like to wait and see for a few months for reviews, and if all's well, may then switch to M1 as the primary BB service and keep MTNL as back-up.

Thanks @Kilroyquasar for the reply. But which BB forum do you mean? I don't know any other forum, so kindly give me the link.
I have searched a lot for reviews, but have not found any yet. That's why I started the thread.
I too am a MTNL customer for the past few years, but I have been getting a lot of disconnections over the past month, despite repeated complaints. Hence, looking to change ISP now.

Thanks @Kilroyquasar for the reply. But which BB forum do you mean? I don't know any other forum, so kindly give me the link.
I have searched a lot for reviews, but have not found any yet. That's why I started the thread.
I too am a MTNL customer for the past few years, but I have been getting a lot of disconnections over the past month, despite repeated complaints. Hence, looking to change ISP now.

welcome!
i meant this forum - http://broadbandforum.co/
another that i know of is - http://www.indiabroadband.net/

OP Make sure you check the international bandwidth offered by these guys. Every ISP claims large speeds - but that speed is only applicable till their node, which is useless.
It is the speed to international severs that counts.

Yeah @swatkats and @paraman these plans look too good to be true. That is why i posted here to see if anyone is using them.

On checking their facebook page, i saw these guys are claiming they have started free wifi service near Mulund east area. Have yet to see any confirmation of that other than a picture in their facebook page.
Yup, they are offering free WiFi service. I live about a 50 metres near the park and often visit it. But when you look at the speeds even when roaming in the park they are extremely slow. Even the Google search engine page takes a long to load.
My friend has installed the Mach1Broadband recently, and he gets up to 256 KBps ( Kilobytes) speed on his 2 mbps ( Megabits) plan. So it is as promised as very few people have this ISP owing to less data congestion. Still I am seeking more reviews

Yup, they are offering free WiFi service. I live about a 50 metres near the park and often visit it. But when you look at the speeds even when roaming in the park they are extremely slow. Even the Google search engine page takes a long to load.
My friend has installed the Mach1Broadband recently, and he gets up to 256 KBps ( Kilobytes) speed on his 2 mbps ( Megabits) plan. So it is as promised as very few people have this ISP owing to less data congestion. Still I am seeking more reviews

Another new profile with first post in this thread. This ISP needs worth of mouth advertisement and not this kind of self promoting through separate ids.
[DOUBLEPOST=1427898426][/DOUBLEPOST]OT:

Not only the plans above.. Even plans like these are possible, an ISP like ACT can do these but they need to set up local peering with other ISP's and other stuff.

Home-Plans.png

Last edited:
Another new profile with first post in this thread. This ISP needs worth of mouth advertisement and not this kind of self promoting through separate ids.[DOUBLEPOST=1427898426][/DOUBLEPOST]OT:

Not only the plans above.. Even plans like these are possible, an ISP like ACT can do these but they need to set up local peering with other ISP's and other stuff.

View attachment 55915
Well, that wasn't any sort of advertising.
I was searching for some good ISP in my area and I came across this discussion.
Then, I signed up. As simple as that.
About the ACT ISP, is it available in Mumbai? If yes, I am interested in their plans. And can you explain local peering?
Thx in advance.

Good then, Welcome to TE forums & Enjoy Engaging in the discussions.

No ACT is not available in Mumbai. Local peering > i mean, set up local data exchange centres between ISP's and keep the data local instead of every file coming from overseas location. So that its possible for ISP to allot more FUP.

Yes, I use this broad band service in thane.
The plans are true. Just to get you in perspective, I have attached a screen shot of speed on speed test.net on my cell phone.

The plans are true. They really sound to good to be true but the plans are true. Initial installation was good. Had some issues while configuring the router myself.
Screenshot_2015-05-19-20-10-44.png

Screenshot_2015-05-19-20-10-50.png

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    29.3 KB · Views: 752
  • Screenshot_2015-05-19-20-10-55.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-19-20-10-55.png
    363.1 KB · Views: 651
so anyone using this?

i got a new cable-net connection y'day, from Dolphin Infonet (bandwidth from Honesty Net Solutions). so far so good (2mbps plan @700/- a month, with ~1.2mps UL speed, about equal to the download speed on my MTNL connection; am excited!). another user from my society had told me of the robust connection and good service, plus had read some posts of praises on BB forum, so finally took the plunge for it. but later on i checked this thread now again (had forgot about it), and now confused once more.

called mach1's office now. first the line was busy, then a few rings go and someone i think cut the call. with Dolphin a major advantage is that their office is only a walking distance away from my home, while mach1's office is far. will be a hassle to visit that often; making its rounds seems a likely possibility, seeing the 'response' to my calls now.

Back