Audio Anyone who has replaced battery on your Cowon D2/D2+?

6pack

ex-Mod
Title.
My D2+ suddenly died. I kept it for charging for an hour or two and it still wont start.
Tried resetting it and it started and died just as soon. So probably the battery inside has gone bad. Bought it in 2009 so its a miracle the battery last so long.

If you still have a working D2/D2+ and have replaced the battery yourself , where did you get the battery from?

I searched eBay and Amazon.com and with shipping the cost of the battery comes to 3.5k which is a lot. Plus reviews are not to nice now.
This is the battery I'm talking of.
Battery is 3.7v 1800mAh.
It has some circuit and wire attached to it. I read in some forum that Nokia BP-4L or some such battery is compatible with it too. But the nokia battery does not have the circuit with wire attached. Those Nokia batteries are available here for around 500 rupees. And similar Intex/Micromax ones with smaller rating but same voltage are around the same price.

Should I remove the circuit by myself? It seems attached with some plastic tape and has aluminium foil covering it. See pics attached.

battery01.jpg

battery02.jpg

Or should I just remove the battery to stop it from leaking inside the player and put away the D2+ in drawer?

Back