APC surge or Belkin 8 pin Ultimate?

Rockfella

Playing BFV
ex-Mod
Hi all.

I have been using APC 650 UPS since 3 years. The original battery (which was a local one) that came with the UPS died within 6 months. I purchased a local battery which never worked properly from day 7. Got it checked at the shop and it worked there. Long story short it does get charged but once electricity goes and it gets drained out it takes days to recharge. All this lead me to use its surge protection socket only.

I live in Gurgaon and power failure is common here. House is on inverter and my pc is connected to mains which is powered by inverter. I get decent backup when light goes, can watch movies etc.

Now I am getting a table made for my TV and was wondering if it really is worthy to keep the APC OR should I go for 8 pin surge protector from belkin as they have rs.1 lakh insurance cover. Either ways I am getting no back up from APC so why should I keep it? (Is what I am thinking.)

Or should I keep the APC and use its surge protection socket. I have to decide quickly because it cam impact the table design I am working on.

Please share any thoughts and experiences.

My PC is connected: AC Mains (with Inverter back-up) > 8 Belkin > UPS > 6 pin Belkin>PC & TV. In case of power cut I get good back up because of inverter.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back