APC UPS 600VA giving sudden beep.. Reason unknown.

Hello.

I am using APC UPS 600 VA (BX 600C IN)....i have connected OLED TV 55" , Yamaha 5.1 Home Theatre , and Airtel DTH set-top box powered to UPS. But randomly.. the UPS red light turns on (ON/OFF button light) and beep sound is heard....IT get normalized after few seconds...

Just suspecting overload,, i disconnecred Home theatre.. but same problem...
Plz suggest the reason and soultion..

Pl

Hello.

I am using APC UPS 600 VA (BX 600C IN)....i have connected OLED TV 55" , Yamaha 5.1 Home Theatre , and Airtel DTH set-top box powered to UPS. But randomly.. the UPS red light turns on (ON/OFF button light) and beep sound is heard....IT get normalized after few seconds...

Just suspecting overload,, i disconnecred Home theatre.. but same problem...
Plz suggest the reason and soultion..

Pl
I think UPS got discharged or warranty completed so not giving back up.
It happened to me also and I called the APC wala Schneider Electric Customer Care and they asked me to bring the UPS to their service centre for battery replacement and if you want home service then you have to pay extra because they will bring UPS battery a new sealed piece to our home and install it in front of us and charge for battery and conveyance charges.

If the UPS is under warranty then no battery replacement charges but conveyance charges will be levied because they came to home and replaced the battery.

Since the last 12 years I am using APC UPS and I also used HP UPS once for 4 years. All UPS are good unless we overload them by connecting too many appliances.

I mean I connected or connect Desktop PC and Printer only to my APC UPS. So can't say about your situation.

the UPS is a new one purchased 2 days ago..... red beep is coming while the power is ON...(no power cut..)..... is it still related battery..? or any other issue? i have disconnected the home theatre for load reduction... still same issue??

Can be this one. Is from the manual itself. Small changes in power draw may make this happen.
As it suggests nothing malfunctioning, just an advance warning.

https://download.schneider-electric...c_Ref=SPD_990-9656E_EN&p_enDocType=User guide

Capture.JPG

Sometimes, I get something similar if the UPS is running on home inverter power (square wave), it keeps on clicking between mains and battery, but this won't be the case I'd guess.

I have a similar model (BX 1100C IN), and i have noticed that it sometimes beeps and the power led turns red if there is too much noise in power. we have an old 2kva motor and this happens sometimes when i have them both connected to the same line/phase and turn on the motor. See if you have any similar disturbances, like may be it is the refrigerator turning on or something like that.

yes .. may be due to fluctutation in power when AC or refrigerator turns on.. will have a closer look .. next time..
It should not be in red, which means either condition, ( assuming u connect only, what u have described)
1. Battery not fully charged
2. Faulty battery

When battery is fully charged, even with fluctuation the UPS turns over to battery mode & it should be in green; red means low battery or load is too high ( i dont think u exceed > 350W here).
Better charge the unit overnight, before you decide for defective battery.

So it's alternating flashing green and red with a 2-second long beep every 10 seconds?

What is the charging LED showing? Is it green or off?

If it's a low runtime alert it means the battery is not fully charging. Contact apc support. it has a 2-year warranty.
Post automatically merged:

Overload indicator is LED flashing red every second with a 2-second beep every 2 seconds. Kind of similar to the low runtime alert.

What are the wattages of your TV, home theatre and dth box?

Last edited by a moderator:
Charging LED remain in OFF condition.. ie battery full charged.. I am getting Red beeps and RED ON/OFF light ... for may be 2-3 seconds and then normalises... from manual .. it seems .. that ..it is due to "AVR short circuit." LG OLED C9 55" + Airteh DTH... watt should not be more than 300 W..

Charging LED remain in OFF condition.. ie battery full charged.. I am getting Red beeps and RED ON/OFF light ... for may be 2-3 seconds and then normalises... from manual .. it seems .. that ..it is due to "AVR short circuit." LG OLED C9 55" + Airteh DTH... watt should not be more than 300 W..
Very difficult to gauge the red beep interval and time as the total duration of problem may be ...5-6 sec.... only..

Hmm, just call them man, since it's on-site service.

In the meantime, check the actual wattages on the back or power supplies of each device. Don't assume. Be sure. And i don't think the UPS is meant to be run at the peak load i.e. 360W continuously.

Honestly, for that kind of load i would have got a 1kva minimum and with a bigger battery. How long are you going to run it on the tiny 7.2Ah battery inside.

Hmm, just call them man, since it's on-site service.

In the meantime, check the actual wattages on the back or power supplies of each device. Don't assume. Be sure. And i don't think the UPS is meant to be run at the peak load i.e. 360W continuously.

Honestly, for that kind of load i would have got a 1kva minimum and with a bigger battery. How long are you going to run it on the tiny 7.2Ah battery inside.
His wattage wont exceed 350 & more over he is not driving it from backup all the time!! it should be a fluctuation issue, which moves to battery mode. As said, it could
be a battery issue (worst case of circuit ) & anyway its under warranty, it can be rectified.

His wattage wont exceed 350 & more over he is not driving it from backup all the time!! it should be a fluctuation issue, which moves to battery mode. As said, it could
be a battery issue (worst case of circuit ) & anyway its under warranty, it can be rectified.
It could very well be circuit issue or otherwise a delay in going into battery mode by the UPS.
Sometimes it might be due to battery problem from within it.
Replacing the battery might solve it.

After very carefull inspection observed the following..
1. Red and Green flashing alternatively..
2. Beep sound comes every 13-14 seconds

As per manual it is to do with low runtime/battery low charging issue..

Asked for replacement from flipkart.. will get soon..

After very carefull inspection observed the following..
1. Red and Green flashing alternatively..
2. Beep sound comes every 13-14 seconds

As per manual it is to do with low runtime/battery low charging issue..

Asked for replacement from flipkart.. will get soon..
Hey, I have the same advance low runtime alert. Did you fix it? I have connected it to a pc and a monitor.

Back