Apple announced iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C

The iphone 5C is clearly a Nokia Lumia 620 rip-off.

wFwHiNY.jpg?1

l5mvKu9.jpg

Would be interesting to see what kind of sales figures these new iPhones will have. iPhone 5S seems to be short in supply so no pre order but they have probably made plenty of iPhone 5C.

Nokia made colours cool again, and Microsoft did the same with flat design (Metro). They didn't innovate it, but they certainly started the trend, just like Apple did with smartphones, or tablets. Apple are just following in the footsteps of other companies now, and it will keep going on and on, back and forth and so on...

Last edited:
Well known evaders member posted this.. With regards to iOS 7 jailbreak. Good to see they are progressing, hope to have a jailbreak soon.

Achieved unsigned userland code execution with some of our stuff in reserve. Now we have a good platform for poking the kernel.

I don't know what some of you people are smoking but this is the boldest move by Apple yet. They improved the things which really matter in a smartphone. Speed & Camera. Rest all features are party features only. First the camera. It looks awesome. The pics as well as the dual flash with cool and warm lights. The best shot and Slo Mo would be party features mostly but they have pretty much covered all the Samsung S4 camera features. Rest all will be taken care by the apps. Looks like this year it will be the Phone camera to beat.

As for the speed glad to see Apple didn't go after the MHz race but rather adapting the 64 bit system. Apple doesn't make bold claims like other companies. When they said their iPad 4 speed was 2x better then last gen iPad 3 it was. Now they are claiming 40x and 56x improvements. It will be lot better then just figures. The Infinity blade 3 demo was smooth.

The finger print scanner is just a feature which will only be effective to those who are lazy. Everyone else would realise its use once they end up losing their phone. It has been done before on Laptops and Phones but never really worked. Hopefully now it should.

I was looking at an upgrade to my very well ageing iPhone 4. Hopefully I will make the switch to this come Jan 2014 with hopes of dollar close to 60. Everybody here is forgetting iOS 7. Its the new operating system and it has lots of features which I am really looking forward to.

Do sell me you iPhone 4 at cheap price. :p
Buying iPhone 4 used from USA does not make any sense as of now I feel unless I can get for 100$. We can get better or similar price in India.

I really love the 64bit soc, camera with dual flash and finger print scanner. But it's hard to change my mood to sell my iPhone 5 to buy 5S. There was no need to launch 5c model because people excepting cheap iPhone which is difficult for Apple to provide.

Apple is hardly the first to bring a fingerprint sensor to a smartphone — Motorola Mobility baked one such sensor into the back of its 2011 flagship the Motorola Atrix, which allowed users to swipe their fingers across it to unlock the device. The crucial issue though was that the sensor itself seemed awfully finicky and wouldn’t always correctly accept a user’s finger inputs. That little stumbling block ultimately meant that the fingerprint sensor wound up being more hassle than it was worth in most cases, and I’m sure that’s a problem that Apple had to tackle head-on when developing Touch ID.

So how exactly has Touch ID been implemented? The home button is now made of sapphire glass to reduce the potential for damaging one of the 5S’ most notable features, and it’s bounded by a steel “detection ring” that determines when your finger is on the home button and fires up the Touch ID sensor. Touch ID is also capable of keeping tabs of multiple different fingerprints, so you (hopefully) won’t have to worry about your friends buying embarrassing songs with your iTunes account with a single touch.
http://techcrunch.com/2013/09/10/ap...rint-sensor-built-into-iphone-5s-home-button/
https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/62441

tBPK55m.jpg

So they introduce a 64 bit processor and claim exponential speed increase and you feel it's a marketing gimmick. Well I will take it over fingerprint scanner any day.

Also I read yesterday that fingerprints would be stored locally on iOS device itself with encryption and not on the cloud. So any fingerprint data spying is totally misleading. Please post a source which claims of uploading of the prints.

Read it here: Apple iPhone 5s and 5c: everything you need to know
http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/10/4376296/apple-iphone-5s-5c-everything-you-need-to-know

Touch ID
Apple has also confirmed the weirdest rumored feature of the iPhone 5s: a fingerprint sensor built right into the home button. Called Touch ID, it’s a substitute for the traditional PIN or password, with a thin capacitive sensor layered on top of the button. While the obvious use is unlocking your phone, it can also be used to verify purchases and can handle multiple fingerprints from different users. In light of the current fears about data security, Apple’s promising the fingerprint will only be stored locally; the company says you’ll never see it uploaded to iCloud or any other Apple server, though that’s unlikely to completely quell privacy concerns.

Last edited by a moderator:
So they introduce a 64 bit processor and claim exponential speed increase and you feel it's a marketing gimmick. Well I will take it over fingerprint scanner any day.
Yes, the 64-bit and claims that it will increase performance by so and so is nothing but a marketing gimmick as of now. I appreciate some of the features they've bought, but going 64-bit is nothing but just getting ready for the future.

You can read more about it here: http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/1...-marketing-fluff-and-wont-improve-performance

Is Apple preparing themselves up for a hybrid in the future? I don't know, but if yes, then it is a really smart move now. They can capture the enterprise and medical market where Windows tablets are gaining back acceptance.

Last edited:

Also I read yesterday that fingerprints would be stored locally on iOS device itself with encryption and not on the cloud. So any fingerprint data spying is totally misleading. Please post a source which claims of uploading of the prints.

1. Yes the 64bit chip is a gimmick. It has nothing to do with the performance increase. The improvements come from elsewhere including possibly a chip with a much better overall architecture.
2. The image was meant to be a joke :-|
3. Just because a corporation 'claims' that they aren't sharing data with the government doesn't mean that they aren't (As we we have come to learn in the post Snowden era).

Back