Apple Announces iPhone 5S With 64bit CPU, Fingerprint Scanner

Last year, when IP5 came, one of my friends' manager in US was confused which color to get, black or white, so he ordered both.
I wonder what will he do this time. :p

We can surely expect to see fingerprint scanner in Galaxy S5.
Atrix 4G was the first phone to have the fingerprint scanner! And HTC One Max which will be launched before year end is rumored to have one. It's like saying, Apple copied best photo, burst mode, panorama, pixel technology from nokia, samsung, htc etc

Actually, you can upgrade; quite easily in fact. Just put a coloured cover on your phone. Tada... you have the 5c.
Since when is the 5C an upgrade to the 5? It is the same phone. It is meant to be the same phone with a different look. The only internal difference is the better battery and improved front facing camera.

It still works great on my Atrix. I loved the fact that pesky/fiddly people were not able to unlock my phone due to the FP sensor/unlock I had enabled. Used to leave them awestruck.
Considering that feature alone, Apple sure has a winner here!

It still works great on my Atrix.
I loved the fact that pesky/fiddly people were not able to unlock my phone due to the FP sensor/unlock I had enabled. Used to leave them awestruck. Considering that feature alone, Apple sure has a winner here!

Loved the fact that 17 yr cousins brought it back like toddlers requesting me to unlock as they couldnt. (i ofc wont, the lock was to protect the rooted device)
But the Atrix's finger print scanner was placed at a very good location for the smooth swipe action to take place. apple has it on the main button itself iinm, that wont really allow any 'ammazing' action to execute the unlock.
Only thing which ll propel the scanner to deadly heights is when they use it for appstore purchases.

If anything, more than the scanner.. it's the camera's refinement that makes this a must have. The rest of it I would lose no sleep over. 64bit architecture and the Motion co-processor included. For all i care, the health app could track my sleeping habits and i could care less.. forget about the walking jogging and other crap.

In the end, you have to look beyond this current phase. It was a no brainer for Apple to maximize returns on the iPhone 5's platform and manufacturing process. Having realised that they missed the boat on screen sizes with the 5, they were not about to commit further missteps by going for a new assembly all over again in a "Tock" release cycle. So while they've brought the fingerprint scanner to the light of day, they managed to do it without altering the fabrication aspect too much to be of concern for them and it allowed them to push the base laid by the 5 even further and maximize returns on the platform.

What's really interesting is what comes next.. and that's when I'll put my money back to Apple. They will undoubtedly come with a larger phone next year and one which will have radically more features or innovations as they love to call it, and that my friends is when they'll take the fight back to Samsung. It's a no brainer that they've been stung hard by realizing they've dropped the ball as far as screen sizes and battery life is concerned - both being limited severely by the form size of 4" that they chose to stay with.

So all in all, the 5S is the culmination of 2 tough years for Apple. But what comes next promises to be something truly special and that's what the Android brigade will really have to be careful about

Would have been great if they combined NFC with their touch sensor tech.Pay bills at shop with the touch of a button,book rail tickets,movie tickets,etc,etc[DOUBLEPOST=1378907781][/DOUBLEPOST]I am interested to see how that dual flash thingy works.If they are able to improve flash performance this would mean a lot more than so-called ultra pixels and pixel binning.

May be. But one needs to check whether they need those features to be worthy of upgrade to 5S. If someone is owning the iPhone 4S then i personally see no reason to go for iPhone 5S. But then there are people who upgrade frequently.
I have iPhone 4 and I still don't feel upgrading either. If I want to, then I would just upgrade to 4S, thats actually a lot better and worth the money.

I have iPhone 4 and I still don't feel upgrading either. If I want to, then I would just upgrade to 4S, thats actually a lot better and worth the money.

My younger brother will be buying his first iPhone and I suggested him iPhone 4 only because of value at the current price (used off course) it offers. He wanted to buy iPhone 5 and this it is the best and all, but then he has no knowledge about anything like internals. He also tells me that iPhone 4 is single core and all (he technically knows nothing) and I had hard time explaining him that iPhone 4 is very much capable phone even today.

I was having a discussion with a few of my buddies on a US forum and I really like one argument of theirs.
They said that keeping the 2 year contracts in mind, the incremental upgrades in successive generations of iPhones makes more sense financially.
Though none of the participating members kept a phone for more than 1-2 months, the argument is still valid for normal consumers.
Most of them confessed that if they were iFans instead of Android fans they would really save a lot of money every year.

My younger brother will be buying his first iPhone and I suggested him iPhone 4 only because of value at the current price (used off course) it offers. He wanted to buy iPhone 5 and this it is the best and all, but then he has no knowledge about anything like internals. He also tells me that iPhone 4 is single core and all (he technically knows nothing) and I had hard time explaining him that iPhone 4 is very much capable phone even today.
^I agree, I am still happy with my phone with single core proccy and some 600MB ram. I will let android fags to worry about configs.[DOUBLEPOST=1378908735][/DOUBLEPOST]
Most of them confessed that if they were iFans instead of Android fans they would really save a lot of money every year.
How ? Can you explainz

I think they are more satisfied with their phones and keep it for longer than if they were to buy phones from other manufacturers.

Or is it due to something else entirely?

My opinion would be satisfied but at the same time, if the S cycle is incremental, many people tend to skip them and then buy the next tick version.

I was 100% sure someone would post this.
I just have one thing to say in defense here, this breaking of touch id is not really a bypass. Real bypass is when you do not have any access to the user's finger or its print.
It's like you have a 4 digit PIN# setup for your ATM card and wrote it down and kept in your wallet and when you lose the wallet, someone took the card and read the number and used the card in an ATM.

^ Was thinking among similar lines. The guy who wants to hack your device would seriously need to do some type of effort and show enough dexteriety to assemble your print.
Not as easy as just guessing a passcode combo.

^I agree, I am still happy with my phone with single core proccy and some 600MB ram. I will let android fags to worry about configs.[DOUBLEPOST=1378908735][/DOUBLEPOST]
How ? Can you explainz
So why is it that someone who used android is a fag?
I have an ageing Motorola defy which by even the iPhone 4 standards is pretty slow.
But I don't feel like changing it. Especially now that I can run 4.3 and play nfs on it.

Back