Apple charging pin issue

Vince

Boogie-Man
Skilled
0_etobal_20110812134729.jpg
Guys, I've had 3 of the above Apple charging pins blow up on me in the past one month. 2 at home and once at office.
I do not think it was due to a loose connection, but it could've been a power surge (but at office I doubt it could've been a power surge)
These were bought officially for my ipad and iphones.

Any suggestions on alternatives?
:(

Ipad Chargers Have 10 Watts Mentioned on them as with the Case the Iphones they come with 5 watt mentioned on them
I am using a Ipad charger since 2 years and currently i am charging my iphone 5 its working like a charm with No issues..
Secondly if charged with Ipad chargers they normally take half the charging time to charge iphones and ipods as compared with 5 watts..

View attachment 15862
Guys, I've had 3 of the above Apple charging pins blow up on me in the past one month. 2 at home and once at office.
I do not think it was due to a loose connection, but it could've been a power surge (but at office I doubt it could've been a power surge)
These were bought officially for my ipad and iphones.

Any suggestions on alternatives?
:(

invest in a couple of cheap chargers, avoid 'official' ones, as getting a replacement is tuf. dx.com is your friend.

@Rahul: 3 of them are like the one i've posted above. Post-burst once, the USB plug of the wire was covered in some brown thingie. :|
@manu1991: 2 came with the box. one was from a seconds piece, so I do not know if its official, but it seemed so to me.
The 10W one you've mentioned is what I have left. I used to have 2 of them, but one's pins broke (too easily).
@destiny: The big one is 10W and smaller one is 5W?
@axeman: I'm worried about using cheap ones as I'm worried if somehow the phone/pad might get damaged. :(
@Xanthor: Thanks for the info!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes 10 watt is Bigger and 5 watt is smaller in size..
100 % sure cheap ones will just spoil the Battery performance and there is always a chance of Phone Getting Short if there is some supply issue in the Fake chargers..

Buy a Ipad charger and u are on peace of Mind...

fast charging and Bulit quality is also tough

Back