iOS Apple denying warranty for ipad pro smart keyboard

^^ Which is the exact reason I avoid Mac's like the plague. Mac OS is a hindrance to productivity. Have seen it in the 7 years that I was actively working as a Mac first developer at my last work place and I see it everyday at my work even now. There are a few people (outside of the Mac OS/iOS developer teams) who are still on Mac's and I see them spending significant chunks of their time dealing with the OS/Machine issues as part of their work. 3 or 4 reboots due to issues is a daily routine for all of them. No so for people on Windows and Linux. The people in Mac OS/iOS Dev teams also have to deal with similar problems, but they have no other choice.
What are you talking about? I reboot my mac laptop once a month or two. I use it like 12hrs a day. Zero issues. Windows is cancer. What you said is true for windows not mac.

What are you talking about? I reboot my mac laptop once a month or two. I use it like 12hrs a day. Zero issues. Windows is cancer. What you said is true for windows not mac.
+1 ... zero stability issues with any of my macs over the last decade...
And maybe mine is an exceptional case but practically no hardware failure either

I can't even state the number of absolutely random issues/bugs I run into with Windows
Just late last night, I noticed my messenger was all burning up - Coz my office laptop had failed to go to standby when I packed it in at the end of the work day..
And this is something that happens to me once every month or so (and its a high end biz laptop at that)

As for My home windows laptop (which in fact is Microdoft's own), it has a mind of its own - At few times it will stay in standby when I ask it to.. most of the time it would have hibernated when I reopen it (and no, i obviously have set the power settings to make it stay in standby) .. and then a few times it will just refuse to do anything till I give it a power+volume reset :lol:

Maybe Lordies perspective is from a developer end so can't speak for that - but for an end user, windows has gotten increasingly buggier over the years

Why ??

What purpose does it serve.
They need a validation mechanism to check if the keyboard is indeed within warranty which makes sense

The validation mechanism is however broken because the etching has faded (which is on account of a bad design on the etch but they will never accept it) so the burden of proof is on the owner

However our man does have a solid redressal mechanism in the form of the receipt from authorized dealer - but the dealer didn't include the S/N on the receipt (broken process at dealer)
However that problem is for apple and dealer to sort out and not the end user...

Has the OP tried sending a note to Apple India ?
The L1 support folks on the phone are typically too junior to be able to manage exceptions on their own

Yeah but others don't insist on this with their products. All you need is valid proof of purchase and the product not be damaged due to negligence.

I don't see why apple adds an extra condition here

"Sir we absolutely need serial number to verify the authenticity of the product. However dont worry, we'll refund you as soon as possible since there are currently no replacements in india but it will take time"

****ing ****s

This is the thing. Authenticity. Why is there any doubt that it isn't authentic !!!

Isn't a valid bill proof of purchase. Doesn't aptronix sell authentic apple products.

Are there knock offs of this keyboard around.

Dude its their shit policy- you obey it or bid goodbye to your product.
It's not like any aadhar fight which the Sc favoured in faith of citizens.

This policy is in place so some idiot employee does not accept some non-apple product by accident. It's to protect them not the customer.

It's the other way around in my 14 years of experience of using OS X tiger and onwards. I have seen Macs crash or have ui corruption issues just by installing some fonts which work fine under windows. I have seen Application compatibility break even with minor dot releases of the OS. Mac OS is the cancer. Windows may not be perfect, but it's way better than Mac OS. In 18 years of using win xp, win 7 and win 10, I have not yet faced as many issues as I faced with Mac OS tiger and snow leopard on an average day.

This is the thing. Authenticity. Why is there any doubt that it isn't authentic !!!

Isn't a valid bill proof of purchase. Doesn't aptronix sell authentic apple products.

Are there knock offs of this keyboard around.
Yup. Thats the thing. Aptronix is official reseller and only sells apple product ala Apple stores, in India. Still apple does all this drama

^the problem here is it isn't apple. Its a service centre authorised or more accurately, contracted by apple to handle service support. Apple certainly aren't spending much on it as the service centre is a cost centre and denying service on whatsoever minute pretext saves them expenses. Service centres like the police are cost centres. They don't generate any revenue. I imagine if apple sales picked up in India that service would improve as they'd open the purse strings some more.

When will apple become official in India. Isn't single vendor retail permitted now since a few years. Why are we still dealing with this authorised reseller crap. What is stopping apple opening official stores. Like others have done since a while now. Still not viable i think. Wouldn't generate enough revenue to justify the cost of running these shops.

Coz apple isnt still everyones cup of tea as like Android.
In 50 odd people you will find only handful of them using apple and among them, some using used old iphone series while some are gifted by uncle aunts from abroad. Only single palm countable people have bought it by spending in person.
Same goes for their desktops and laptops. Windows rules every household inside lappy and desky. Tabs again taken care by Android.

So if apple starts their own center, they will be at a loss and a toss soon and their Indian revenue will just go south which will impact their overall global profits.

They are careful in these markets unlike rest markets.

But look at the risk by all Chinese brands, the moment they arrived within months they all went popular even took Samsung for a ride.

What those Chinese had?? Near to flagship top notch features in a very affordable price.
That's what Indian public wants, bmw for the cost of nano.
If you launch an Apple for even 30k, look out for masses immediately dumping their op+, redmi and oppos and apple gaining no 1 spot here.
People want top notch features @ very affordable prices.
Thats the only way a brand can win indies minds.

Last edited:
We had a street fair in Bangalore a while back. They stopped traffic on MG Rd and allowed stalls and exhibits to open there for a day. Food joints in trucks etc. Unbelievable. Arts exhibits, and artists doing drawings. It was packed full of people for the day. I walked up and down and what struck me was the number of iphones people had. So you had a certain demographic that showed up for this sort of event. The next i noticed was the oneplus phones and to my surprise not as many samsungs. I expected samsungs to be the majority. The rest of course being the generic looking chinese phones of whatever brand.

Mostly a year or two year old iphones but so what. Right now people will be looking at 7's & 8's. Not Ten's

^the problem here is it isn't apple. Its a service centre authorised or more accurately, contracted by apple to handle service support. Apple certainly aren't spending much on it as the service centre is a cost centre and denying service on whatsoever minute pretext saves them expenses. Service centres like the police are cost centres. They don't generate any revenue. I imagine if apple sales picked up in India that service would improve as they'd open the purse strings some more.

When will apple become official in India. Isn't single vendor retail permitted now since a few years. Why are we still dealing with this authorised reseller crap. What is stopping apple opening official stores. Like others have done since a while now. Still not viable i think. Wouldn't generate enough revenue to justify the cost of running these shops.
The problem is absolutely apples. If xiaomi can run mi branded stores, whats stopping apple? Do people go to micromax service center and are treated badly, do they say " oh, its that service center's fault, not micromax?"

Coz apple isnt still everyones cup of tea as like Android.
In 50 odd people you will find only handful of them using apple and among them, some using used old iphone series while some are gifted by uncle aunts from abroad. Only single palm countable people have bought it by spending in person.
Same goes for their desktops and laptops. Windows rules every household inside lappy and desky. Tabs again taken care by Android.

So if apple starts their own center, they will be at a loss and a toss soon and their Indian revenue will just go south which will impact their overall global profits.

They are careful in these markets unlike rest markets.

But look at the risk by all Chinese brands, the moment they arrived within months they all went popular even took Samsung for a ride.

What those Chinese had?? Near to flagship top notch features in a very affordable price.
That's what Indian public wants, bmw for the cost of nano.
If you launch an Apple for even 30k, look out for masses immediately dumping their op+, redmi and oppos and apple gaining no 1 spot here.
People want top notch features @ very affordable prices.
Thats the only way a brand can win indies minds.
Don't want to get into iphone vs android debate. Its as pointless as windows vs macos debate. I just want my keyboard or money back, thats it

It's the other way around in my 14 years of experience of using OS X tiger and onwards. I have seen Macs crash or have ui corruption issues just by installing some fonts which work fine under windows. I have seen Application compatibility break even with minor dot releases of the OS. Mac OS is the cancer. Windows may not be perfect, but it's way better than Mac OS. In 18 years of using win xp, win 7 and win 10, I have not yet faced as many issues as I faced with Mac OS tiger and snow leopard on an average day.

Oh my! In my 12 years with mac, I have never literally had one crash, UI corruption or Application compatibility issue (in minor dot releases i.e.). You must be something special if macs have been giving you so many problems!

Oh my! In my 12 years with mac, I have never literally had one crash, UI corruption or Application compatibility issue (in minor dot releases i.e.). You must be something special if macs have been giving you so many problems!
Developer vs User. The experience of a developer may vary completely completely compared to a user who is simply using applications.

Back